Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a problem with DHCP ip assigning.  I configured dhcp server on the router 2921 with 192.168.1.1/24 but the laptop is get invalid ip address of 169.254.x.x. The brand new laptop is running Windows 7 64bit. Here is a list what I tried:- ipconfig...

AngranYang by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ExpertsI m going to setup 2 6509 based VSS using tha 10G interface available on the sup using the X2-CX4 , can u pls share the "gotcha" for a sucessfull implementation without having any issue due to misconfiguration in such a wayyou would be so k...

Is there away to remove dynamic/static routing information from a access switch without reloading the device?  We had a power outage that cause an entire site to go down/up and after that 2 of switches had incorrect routes when executing "sh ip route...

I have a weird problem, 2 switches on the same network and subnet. 1 switch can reach our groundworks server on a different subnet the other switch is unable to reach the same groundworks server.When showing IP route these are the only differences be...

I am having an issue with the Cisco Network Assistant (CNA).  With IOS 12.2(55)SE1 installed, I am able access my switch through CNA with HTTPS without any issues. I disable HTTP on the switch.My issue starts when I update this switch to 12.2(58)SE2....

Hi All,I've recently tried to update the modem firmware on an 887M that is actually using an Annex M service and after rebooting to kick in the new modem firmware, the router loses sync. I've tried this with various other 877, 877M, 887 and 887Ms on ...

AdamPage1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I got Two Distribution Switches of Cisco 3750G. Each Distribution have two 3750G switches stacked. I also have one Cisco 3750V2 Access Switch connected to both Distribution. When I am checking for redundancy, I can only get redundancy test pass...

Hi All I have an environment where i have two nexus 7010 switches, along with 2 nexus 5510's. I need to run OSPF as a layer 3 routing protocol between the vpc peer links.  I have 1 link being used as a keep alive link, and 3 other links being used as...

Hi ALL ,I have issue with 2950 switch dot1x config is not working , but on 2960 its working fine .Below are the configs from both switches and a debug dot1x all snap , please share if any one have some idea what may be the issue with 2950 switch ...-...

I was contacted by a customer today who is trying to configure QoS on a 4500E with Sup7-E.  They are running: cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.SG.150-2.SG.bin and the 4500 is licensed for entrprise Services.  I don't have access to the switch and am...

Situation: My Network Intrusion Professor asked what is an obvious event when being attacked on devices.I thought I read that when a CISCO switch (or router) is being saturated and cannot handle the traffic going through it, it will reload.He says it...

what happens when a host’s MAC address is learned on one switch port, and thenthe host moves so that it appears on a different switch port?I read and what I know, the old port is deleted then it will be learend on the new port.but on switching book, ...