Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hii built a lab of 3 Router, r2 in the middle is responsible for cut off the icmp and tcp traffics between r1 and r3, ospf runs as routing protocol. ospf and any other traffics were denied, icmp and tcp permitted. although the control plane could eve...

Hi, We have got error-disabled on the Up Link of switch cisco 2960 at customer site but as per config this port is somply trunk port.Error logs for this issue is below,  Log Buffer (4096 bytes):_DISABLE: loopback error detected on Gi0/1, putting Gi0/...

Hello everyone,I'm looking for switch to accompany Cisco ASA 5520 in data center, with 20+ GE ports and no need for PoE.I would like to understand the difference between Cisco SG300-28, Cisco SGE2000 and Cisco Catalyst 2960, 2960-C and 2960-S Series ...

Dan Jagor by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am facing a problem in connecting single mode fiber to 6500 supervisor 720-10G. The spf transiver GLC-LH-SM is detected as i plug in on the supervisor. but when i connect the fiber, the link doesn't come up. The same fiber works fine on a 35...

Hi everyone,I have a 3750 which is reporting high IO memory consumption (70%) through a monitoring software. In the attached files the output of a show memory allocating-process totals indicates that most of this memory is used by *Packet Data*.  Doe...

RobertogP by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! bootstrap upgrade

I'm upgrading IOS on an 1861 from 12.4.24 to 15.1.4, and I've noticed that the bootstrap is running 12.4.  Being a major version upgrade on the IOS, I was wondering if I should upgrade the bootstrap while I'm at it.  I've found the procedure for upda...

I have a Cisco 3550 that I need to set up policy routing on. I enter the command: sh sdm prefer and the switch says it is the default template. We use the switch for access and routing. In order to enable policy routing what setting of SDM do I need?...

Hi guys ,I have a issue here with HSRP , redundancy not working , what is happening if primary switch get reloaded traffic is not shifting on secondary one and there is a outage of 10mins around ,once primary got up all traffic found working fine via...

Hello everyone, First time posting.I am having an issue connecting SDM version 2.5 to my 2600 router.  I have SDM installed and I am able to enter my level 15 username and password, which is accepted.  I can also enter my ssh username and password an...

Hi there,I'm having a strange issue with OSPF fast hello's. We are currently implementing a new MAN in the Netherlands with two new C6500 sup720-10G core routers and multiple C6500 sup720-3b. The core-routers are currently only connected to two distr...

jvrooden by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello There is posibility to make bgp with 2 isp with full feed on CISCO 1812,  256MB RAM, IOS 12.4 (15) T9 ? It will be max 20/20 Mbit/s, only for 1-1,5 year. Let's there will no  nat, no ipsec, only routing, few acl and polices thanks for info Pete...

Hi All,Is there any detailed documentation on the architecture of the WS-X6516A-GBIC Linecard. From previous threads I have gathered that this line card is 2:1 oversubscribed because it has a single 8 Gb connection to the fabric. However in my case t...

vdadlaney by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. We have redundant SUP720s in SSO mode. We upgraded the IOS on both the active and standby SUPs. They independently boot the IOS with no problem.I get this command when writing the configuration. "%PFREDUN-SP-4-BOOTSTRING_INVALID: The bootfile ...

brobinson by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes