Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I have two locations connected by a ISDN line and two Cisco 803. One week ago I had to replace a failed Cisco 803 with a new 876W. My experience is obsolete when not vanished so I'm in a big trouble trying to restart the link. After many chang...

OPSYS2011 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just started MST book stuff, doing the first lab tonight, what is BOUN role?MST02  Spanning tree enabled protocol mstp  Root ID    Priority    32770             Address     0009.b79f.7d80             This bridge is the root             Hello Time   2...

hi:i want to know why do we need to use wildcard mask in eigrp . and if we do not use wildcard masks, will anything go wrong ?also, if we use normal network masks instead of wildcard mask, does it make any differences? i run following experiment i se...

Hi How can be possible to decide which particular Gateway an host have to use? With host-dependent algorithm, hosts have always the same AVF until redirect time expires. But how AVG decide to assign to an host a vMAC instead of an other?In other worl...

Hi All,My trusty book informs me that there are three switching modes:Store and forwardCut throughFragment freeHowever, it doesnt tell me how to set the mode, change the mode, determine the mode, etc... Mainly I'd like to know what mode my 2950 is cu...

Hi everyone,I am having a major issue with forward ports, let me start from the beginning. I have a RVS4000 witch is setup with vlans to two other switches and these are working great but i have a server on one vlan and the other machines on the othe...

linuxmad1 by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I am having 3750-x switch with 24 port..One of my friend deleted all the files in the flash except multiple-fs file and rebooted..Switch went to switch: mode..I copied the image c3750e-ipbasek9npe-mz.150-1.SE.bin by. xmodem: and given boot p...

Hi , I have 2 3550 with 2 GBIC, and i have connected them with Fiber cable. they are good to go.3550 show inventoryNAME: "xxx", DESCR: "Cisco Catalyst 3550 24 10/100 baseT ports + 2 Gig uplinks fixed configuration Layer 2/3 Ethernet Switch with inlin...