Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a Cisco 871W in a home office environment. My problrem is my wifi laptop cannot reach the internet.I have the router configured with auto configuration and DHCP and the laptop is pulling the correct IP(I compared the IP to my working tow...

smarshalek by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Morning, we have to replace the sup720 of a vss bundle.I've read the how-to on cisco.com web site:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/products_configuration_example09186a0080a64891.shtmlbut I have some questions about the replacement:When...

Hi All,Due to some unexpected changes I've had to migrate a link onto a different trunk port of my cisco 3560. However, when I connected the link I had allocated VLANs 18,19,46,2010 to the trunk but I had not actually defined VLAN 18.All VLANs work o...

Hi folks,I am new to the whole VLAN thing, so excuse my ignorance. I have successfully set up a VLAN on my primary switch which is an SGE2010. I have 3 other switches is other buildings connected in series. The next in line is another SGE2010 and the...

mbargman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have cisco 6509-E with IOS 12.2(18)SXF8 & trying to Introduce this as Service Layer. I wanted to upgrade the IOS code to 12.2(33)SXI6 OR SXI7 . I do not see any upgrade guide that points to me what are the caveats associated with this.I found foll...

Resolved! port channeling

Hiya,1. if the servers NIC are teamed does it need port channeling or etherchanneling at the switch end ?2. can i enable portfast on switchports that are used for servers (with / without etherchannel)Thanks

Hi!I have a question about MAC invalidation during topology change. If I have one region with several instances in it and switch notices topology change for only one instance, will it invalidate MACs for all instances within the region or only MACs f...

Hello everyone,my service-policy is not working on inbound.  it works on outbound, but I need to apply it on IN as well.please check what I am doing wrong.  thank you in advance.!mls qos!ip access-list extended ACL-TEST-LIMIT50 permit ip any any!clas...

kozorezdi by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have two locations connected by a ISDN line and two Cisco 803. One week ago I had to replace a failed Cisco 803 with a new 876W. My experience is obsolete when not vanished so I'm in a big trouble trying to restart the link. After many chang...

OPSYS2011 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just started MST book stuff, doing the first lab tonight, what is BOUN role?MST02  Spanning tree enabled protocol mstp  Root ID    Priority    32770             Address     0009.b79f.7d80             This bridge is the root             Hello Time   2...