Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! MAC binding

Hi, I have got only one catalyst 2960 series switch. I have connected different computers/laptops through this switch. I am facing a problem  of ip conflict as the user themselves changes the IP address. For the control of this I can segregate the ne...

I'm trying to connect 2 2950's switches to a 3550 switch. Configs are as follows2950 switch #1config tint range fa 0/2 - 12switchport access vlan 100exitint range fa 0/13 - 26switchport access vlan 200int range fa 0/1switchport trunk encapsulation do...

smavashev by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two Cisco video conferencing devices that are located in different locations, I need to know what is the best practice when configuring vlans for this two video network devices to communicate with each other.  Should I just put them on t...

Hi All,Today we were asked to install autonomous (Standalon) Access Point (AP1242AG)installation remotely with a technician help at onsite.The AP was fresh and out of the box with factory default settings.When the technician tried to connect to the A...

Hi,It's a theoritical question.Suppose a CE with a L2 switch (a client switch at the border of the client site, with WAN interfaces). Is it possible to modify in the L2 switch the VLAN number to go from LAN to WAN, without to crossing through a route...

hostettle by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have the intension to secure EoMPLS connetions with MACsec. MACsec encrypt the 802.1q header. But this information is necessary for the provider.I think 802.1Q tunneling can help by this problem. Does anyone have experience with MACsec and EoM...

plingg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a 4948 device that is running at very high CPU:CPU utilization for five seconds: 90%/16%; one minute: 89%; five minutes: 85%5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process66.39% 65.04% 59.44%   0 Cat4k Mgmt LoPriI have followed the 'High CPU on 4500' chass...

halsteadj by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes