Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hai

I created a vlan in distribution 1.name of the vlan is  VLAN 96  and add the port in Access switch port no 0/2 (please find the configuration of vlan below )from the access switch we can able to ping  10.204.96.1 that is gateway .But when i added por...

Anand Vp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I’m wondering why the support for the SFP-10G-LR module is not listed anymore in the compatibility matrix (listed in November 2010, unlisted in December 2010). Does anybody know if SFP-10G-LR is supported on WS-X45-SUP7-E. In the SW release note for ...

mlinder01 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,I have a 4 Cisco 2960s in a stack. I'm trying to use a console cable to connect to the switches and i am failing miserably. I have connected to the switches via telnet and the speed on the line con 0 was set to 115200. I think this was done on ins...

sslackjcb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking  at setting up 6509-E switch utilizing WS-X6716 and Nk5 with 2148T extender. If possible if you could provide link(s) on configuration. This will only be a single chassic setup. The 6509 has dual supervisor 720thanks,Mark

Hi All,We just got a new 3825 (C3825-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M3). It connects to one 3560 switch. As usual, there are 2 vlans (vlan 1 and 2) in 3560, one for data, one for voice. Configure the trunk (Fa 0/23) in switch which allow all vlan...

Hi guys,I appreciate the resiliency of Cisco hardware and understand that in some cases you can simply remove the power to a switch and it will function perfectly normal next time round... but I was wondering if there was a special way to power down ...

Resolved! err-disable

hey all,we have a stack of 2960 s switches that over night go into err-disable state is there away to check the reason behind the port went into the err-disable state?these switch have only just been implemented into the network. two losts of stackin...

Hi,We are having issues on our network with voip. We have 7 stacks of 4 2960's all connected to the core switches 6500 series by 2 x 10g links. Perodically people on a certain stack have a interuption to their phone calls. It will drop the call for a...

sslackjcb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to figure out the best way to implement redundancy between my core switches and my two Internet routers. I have two core switches and two Internet routers. The Internet routers are multihomed. I want to have one connection from each route...