Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,When i was doing password reset on Cisco 1700 router i typed the wrong register value in rommon. So instead of 0x2102 i typed 0x2120. Now when i try to acces the router through console i see strange signs appear and i cannot do anything with the r...

We have a situation that requires one laptop to have access to two our three VLANS.  We have a Cisco Catalyst L3 4948.  The three VLANS are VLAN10, VLAN20, and VLAN30.  The workstation currently is a member of VLAN10 and needs to also have access to ...

gdwingnuts by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,here's my question:i have the following devices: 1 rps 2300, 1 gateway 2851 and 1 switch WS-C3750G-24TS-S1U.tha question is that i have to attach those two devices to the rps to provide power redundancy.Could anyone tell me the steps that i h...

uosambela by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a problem with a switch catalyst express 500, the cpu is too high and when I enter the command "show process cpu sorted 5sec", I can see that the "HULC prs macro p" is consuming a lot of percentege of the CPU, someone can explain me about ...

Good afternoon, over the next few months I will be implementing voice over our corporate network.  There is existing QoS config on our routers that a consultant added to prefer Video packets from our video-conferencing equipment over other network tr...

bsciarra1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have just received my switches and I'm to start configuring them. I now have a fresh start since these will be my main and core switches. I want to do things in a right, purposeful and correct form. I want to create a main core switch that h...

Hi,I having some issue like the error message below,I already try to remove the existing IOS image and upload a new one from download from cisco with xcopy command. when i issue the boot flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.binthe new IOS image i put int...

DearI have 1 cisco 4507 switch with line cards WS-X4606-X2-E, WS-X4448-GB-SFP, WSX4548-GB-RJ45 and super visor WS-X45-Sup6E. I have IOS 12.2(50)SG3 .Speed auto and duplex auto is only available for the ports WSX4548-GB-RJ45. whats is the reason behin...

Hi All,As usual I config the router with NAT to reach the internet. I have one ethernet card in 3825 connected to internet through DSL. It has the static IP on it. I configured the NAT as below:ip nat inside source route-map nonat interface FastEther...

Hi,Recently had tried to implement NLB had checked out the cisco documentation found the below link.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080a07203.shtmlThe difference in our case is that we have a...

veerappan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My goal is to configure Cisco IOS to act as a filter for what website destinations will and will not be accessible by internal clients.The problem is that when entering an extended access list using a hostname you get the following:CZX800#conf tEnter...

jack by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I need to only allow VLAN 10 and 15 down a trunk, but I'm not sure what config I should use.  On one switch we have this setup like this:interface FastEthernet1/0/1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 3,4 switchpo...

Andy White by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all!I have one question regarding arp protocol.I have a PC which connects to some other device in same network. My PC have an simply learned arp entry to other device.172.16.2.2 - 00-23-8e-e0-85-20So imagine situation if my other device (172.16...

from88 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Yesterday, we had an unexplained networking issue.  We were getting general slowdowns and 4-6 percent packet loss to our core router.  AFter checking our wiring closet, I found one port flashing orange...then going greeen.....then flashing orange...I...