Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi There,I am looking for a stable release, preferably up to date ( 14.4? IOS) version for a 6513 switch running supervisor 720, the aim of the upgrade is to support a WISM card that we are installing, since the current version doesn´t support it. Bu...

thomas by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI need to complete some documentation for disaster recovery purposes, basically restoring a cisco cat 6509 running IOS, ie if the file system is corrupt and wont boot.Can anyone put the basic steps down on restoring and image, config and settin...

Can I have one vlan acces list and filter it across multiple VLANs? Like so:ip access-list extended VLAN_BLOCK_SNMP................. permit udp 172.23.22.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.55.0 0.0.0.255 eq snmp permit udp 172.23.23.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.55.0 0.0.0.2...

Just recently we have had 3-4 switches from the same customer all with the Stackwise  flapping problem.*Mar  1 00:03:23.826: %STACKMGR-4-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 2 Switch 2 has changed to state UP*Mar  1 00:03:25.839: %STACKMGR-4-STACK_LINK_CHAN...

Something wierd happening . . . A few months ago, the power supply failed on two switches on two different stacks (one on each stack). I got replacement switches from TAC and installed them. Now, I'm finding that CNA cannot see those two switches. It...

csisadmin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a collapsed 6509 cord switch and I am working on migrating to the Nexus platform. I've never worked on Nexus switches before and I would like to ask if someone could share a running config on a Nexus switch. Here are some of the configu...

dtran by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 861 that is our gateway for 5 workstations and 5 VoIP phones. Our ISP provides a 5 Mbps up and down over DSL. For the most part, our VoIP phone calls are very stable and sound great but we notice significant quality degradation if we b...

Does anyone know if the ME6524 switch uses hardware or software base CEF?  I know many of the 6500 switches should use hardware based CEF, but ME6524 seems to have differences with its TCAM/chipsets vs the standard 6500 platform switches.  Such as fo...

jrtuckiii by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am getting confuse about cisco IOS related issues.Can u help me regarding the above means ,How can i troubleshoot if IS crashes or How can i get IOS compatibility features or supporting featuresand The prerequisits before going to  upgrade IOS ,...

Ramu Ch by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I'm testing a 2801 VoIP. I'm using the router on a stick concept to obtained previousl vlans (20 and 21) as well as I defined vlan 22 on the router. I wish to use the 4 switch ports on the router, so I configured a dhcp pool and assigned the ...