Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi i am using cisco 871 router for wireless connectivity.the ethernet port is connecte to lan and users are connected to wireless interface.problem is users are getting connected to wireless network but not getting ip address from dhcp server.dhcp se...

Hi,Problem in upgrading IOS on the Switch. The Stitch is currently has c2950-c3h2s-mz.120-5.3.WC.1.bin code on it but when i try to upgrade the code i copied c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA13.bin to the flash and issued the command Switch# boot system fl...

All,Is there a way to see the last time a switchport was active/connected? I have a 48 port switch with all ports connected to the patch panel but only about 20 ports are active. I would like to see when the last time a port was active so I know if...

tohoken by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know this is a windows problem more than cisco, but this is what I'm limited to. I'm a PFC in the United States Army, and in a position to where I need to know the ports connected to each computer. I have access to the computers, just not the switc...

Good Afternoon Everyone,We are planning to implemnet the VSS on our data center server farm switches.Have been looking at the Cisco documentation 'Migrate Standalone Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switch to Cisco Catlayst 6500 Virtual Switching System'. Seems ...

dholder by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Community!I would like to implement Cisco 6500 IOS SLB feature for a VLAN which is routed by FWSM. I plan to use SLB to load-balance between two HTTP and application servers. Does anybody have an idea on how to configure SLB with FWSM? Is it pos...

Hi:I keep getting this error message when I try to do an FTP of an IOS from my laptop to a 7609.I have done this for 3 other routers onsite without problems. Now I get this:NC-CLTW1-CIS-7609-2#copy ftp://test:test@173.100.16.18/c7600rsp72043-advipser...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!According to my book,in vtp version 1, switch in transparent mode must have the same domain name and run the same version i.e version 1 to relay vtp messages.lets take the following scenariosw1---------sw2----------sw3sw1 and sw2 and sw...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I am getting the following error exactly after 1 minute on my router when I am giving the command sh track 1 whose output isRGGNHILINET002#sh track 1Track 1 Response Time Reporter 4 reachability Reachability is Down 389340 changes, last chang...

hi,I have an application that needs the following from 1 port of a switch.If MAC is learned from the same port the switch should send the frame back from the port that it was received .How can i force it in cisco switch ?I know that it is different f...