Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 3550-12G Switch. Last Saturday, after issued the "show cdp nei detail", the switch was hung and then crased.From the "show version", I saw the following message.System returned to ROM by error - Program Exception (0x0700)!, PC 0x0.And the IO...

guys i have a v simple question suppose we have a router and switch (layer three swicth) now if we give 192.168.1.1/24 ip at router ethernet and then make a swicth port as routed and give ip address of 192.168.1.2/24 it will work and ping will be fin...

Hi,We have a network with c6500 as distribution and c3750E stacks as access.We use MST for failover/loop prevention.I have seen a couple of times that when I connect a new 3750 and change spanning-tree mode to "mst" - the status of root port becomes ...

jorgensor by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi GuysI have got a weird issue. A switch I have nominated does not appear to be forwarding for a particular vlan over a trunk (please see below).Port Mode Encapsulation Status Native vlan Gi0/46 on 802.1q trunking 1 Gi0/48 on 802.1q trunking 1 Po1 o...

I have a client who has a cable service and we have a ADSL with upload speed of 512Kbps. My client is trying to download a 6GB file from our FTP server but it keeps failing on him. He stated that he could download up to 9 MB from other sources with n...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 3 VLANs in my network and i would like to expose two VLANs(VLAN 2 and 3) to outside and the third VLAN(VLAN 4) is for internal use only.At the outside interface point, i plan to place a switch. I need to configure the switch Port(to which i...

renjith.rv by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are required to apply WRR QoS on Cat4500 series. But I am not able to understand the concept or WRR. Somehow I am getting confused while understanding the concept/theory. Egress-queue, threshold ,Cpf, weight ?.Please share the info?(Other QoS l...

Hey,We have the following:WS-C3560G-24TS with c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4 andWS-C3550-12T with c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-20.EA1aI would like to compare both IOS we have and see the difference. Why I ask is that the 3550-12T uses EIGRP for routing and I don...

Hi all,I use an 2960 with 8 IP cameras and I have a problem with the quality of the picture,very slow.The recomendation of the manufacturer is to enable the multicast on the switch but how to do?I have read that the igmp snooping is enable by default...

p.maillot by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NM-16ESW Solution

Need to find out if this solution will work.I want to install a NM-16ESW into a 2811 ISR. I would like to configure 16 individual VLAN interfaces and assign each physical port to one of the VLANs.Will the router/module support that number of VLANs? E...

jeff.carr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The 3560 appears to only have room for 1 image at a time . Is this true ? Why does cisco only have enough flash to hold 1 image . This makes it a higher risk job if you have to delete flash and hope the wan doesn't go down or the switch lose ...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,I have a WS-C3750G-12S-S and want to upgrade it by ordering CD-3750G-EMI=.now when i enter "show ver" command it shows model information as "WS-C3750G-12S-S" my question is that after upgarding it to enhanced version will that command show model i...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card