Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good day.I have a Cisco 4948. It's 48 ethernet ports and 4 fiber ports. Moreover, fiber ports have numbers 45-48 (the same numbers ethernet ports have). There is a link between 4948 G1/45 and 2960 G0/1. G1/45 on 4948 is:inter g1/45 switchport access...

Hi, We have C4506 with sup2-plus sup engine. We just purchased sup2-plus 10G. opun Installing the new sup engine, we encountered the following error on the 4506 switch. UNHANDLED ROMMON EXCEPTION at PC=045204bc Vector=00000100 MSR=02029230 LR=0450add...

udimpas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,In our organization, we are planning to have 2 E3 links to connect to one of our new site. At both of our site we have two core switches with HSRP configured and the routes are being advertised using EIGRP. So for better backup i was pl...

arabindas by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Has any one seen the following DHCP issue with DHCP snooping.Once we enable DHCP snooping the clients are unable to get IP address from the server we are using PIX 515 firewall as a Relay agent. The moment we disable option 82 the clients ar...

We currently have a L3 switch with different networks A, B, C & D. Network A (Finance), B (Engineering), C(Boss) are where all PCs are located and they access the server network D.Right now, our bosses wants to put a firewall in between so that it re...

Hi every body! when i configure the summary route on a router running eigrp, the route appears in routing table as:D 172.172.0.0 255.255.0 summary address null0.But when i configure summary route on a router running ripv2, it does not appear so in ro...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just changed the way I log into a 6500..creating a username and password and then enabling login local on all lines including the console!(Fortunately I dint save the config) Somehow I can no longer log into my switch and I want to power cycle the...

Resolved! how to decrypt md5

Hi. Is there a software that would allow me to decrypt a md5 hash appearing on my run-config? We are having some password issues and i was thinking of a way to decrypt a password appearing on a saved config text without having to go through the typ...