Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI have a Catalyst 3560G with port configured as switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport mode trunk.I have the new IE3000 and want to configure the gigabit ports to connect to the 3560G trunk.The ie3000 doco says the commands for a dot1q trun...

noeldrose by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have purchased a spare removable CF for the industrial Ie3000. I would like to duplicate the original so I can recover failures quickly. I tried inserting the new flash and copying running to startup but this failed. Is there a procedure for this...

noeldrose by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am seeing a ton of multicasts on my server interface. These multicasts come from HSRP peers on the same vlan.My question is, is it possible to filter out these multicasts on the ports connected to servers, becasue they dont really care to hear them...

We have a 3750-E and have enabled the MTU Jumbo frames command but are seeing issues with some machines not actually sending jumbo frames. Our SAN Vendor says that a 3750 cannot do Jumbo Frames on VLAN 1. Is this True? Is there a workaround?

I'm trying to configure an Extreme Networks EAPS rings through a 2950 switch. Their are 3 vlan configured on the cisco switch. Data, Voice and a control vlan for EAPS. Basic diagram: Extreme1 - Cisco - Extreme2 - Extreme1. All connected to each ot...

Hi all,Hope everybody are well....I have to build up 3 VLAN's and the InterVLAN- & Policy routing should be done with a Cisco 851. The router is connected with a C2960T through a trunk. Now, I suppose the Cisco 851 isn't able to do trunking/InterVLAN...

Please can someone confirm how i can monitor a mirror a port on a cisco switch 4506. i want to monitor it with wireshark to see if a server is sending traffic. So i believe i need to mirror the data and monitor but im not sure on the configuration. P...

Anyone know how to enable Multicast on specific VLAN's only. I have a 4507 switch which is trunked to a 7206 router where different VLAN's are supported through it(VLAN's are separated at the router using VRF's / dot1Q). I'm trying to figure out how ...

hks10 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have following issue:I have a Cisco PIX 515E, and people where I rent my office from they provided me with a what looks like either a hub or switch where they told me to plug in too, they gave me few public IPs that I can use, but here is the thing...

alexus by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! passive interface

I am writing a script to use "show ip protocol | include passive interface". but this command is not giving me the actual passive interface number. I have passive interface at this point but didn't show up here.the output is just like this. router#sh...

hi every body!Rstp treat half duplex port as shared medium. My question is if a switch loses non-edge half duplex link, how does convergence occur in rstp?thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes