Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi allI've been trying to find out how long a cisco switch or router will hold an inactive ip redirect to another gateway before flushing it from the table, does anyone know?CheersDon

Hi there,Wondering if anyone can help here with an issue I have with adding a PIX standby firewall to a network design. When I configure power on the PIX firewall standby performance on the LAN drops considerably. This is notable when pinging LAN swi...

Hi folks!I'm doing a snmpwalk query on a Cisco 1861 ISR.I'quering the following MIB variablesC:\>snmpwalk -v2c -c public 88.63.17.142 sysdescrSNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco IOS Software, C1861 Software (C1861-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(...

leorob123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, What command is used to remotely discover if a 2811 has a PoE power supply installed. I have tried both the "show diag" and "show env" commands but cannot find a definitive answer.Thanks,Glen.

I have a 1841 as a router with dhcp server enable. sometimes the LAN workstations can't browse any internet site but after rebooting the workstation everything works fine. I would like to know if it could be a mistake configuring the router.Here is t...

Hi all, If I have 2 links between 2 sites, 1 a 100 meg connection, the other a 2 mega connection, and I use ospf between them, How does ospf handle the backup route? how would I check to see the backup router is ready to take over the connection, I s...

I have a Catalyst 6513 that I would like to have snmp report failed login attempts to the logging buffer when the maximum limit it reached. I have enabled all traps and the log does not pick this up. I notice on my older 6500's with CAT OS this is se...

agivens02 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm new to cisco devices. I have been able to do a little troubleshooting but still having a problem with a wifi vlan. I have a trunking port that is allowing vlans 17,18, and 239 but is not allowing vlan 239 in spanning tree forwarding when in pruni...

hi every body!A A switch is connected to another switch by 802.1q trunk.Does switch send only bpdu belonging to stp instance, native vlan mapped to?thanks a lot!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

DearWe have 2 nos. of 3750 l3 switches.I want to connect RPS cable switches to RPS so for this activity switches power down must.

upendra07 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI've got an access list that's being used by a distrubute command in eigrp. When I enter the following:ip access-list standard outpermit 10.8.25.128 0.0.0.192permit 10.8.25.192 0.0.0.224The access list I end up with is:permit 10.8.25.0 0.0.0.192per...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a stack of 3 x 3750 switches. Each switch has a 2GB uplink to the same port channel. This is the weird bit. Switch 1, when connected up the port channel runs fine to the core, but when either Switch 2 or Switch 3 in the stack connect up, I am...

we have an AP in a port and every few days we get an error that reads "Port XX: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) reply messages dropped for non-existing or disconnected devices on this interface."Recommendation is "Reconnect the device. Che...

gene.rudy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card