Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can some experts please take a look at my 2 designs and tell me which is better and why?Why would you pick one over the other?And if the designs would work. I'm trying to find out which would provide the best performance and redundancy. What are the ...

We have a solution we are working on that requires dynamic vlan assignement.We are setting up wireless guest access.What are going to do is create an SSID for guest users, when the user authenticates to our ACS they will be given the VLAN info and ac...

I am trying to properly scale a ups purchase and need to find the max current draw for my asa5505 and 5506e switch chassis. I have been unsuccessfully trying to find such a document for 2 days. Can some please help point me in the right directions...

thunt by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3560-48TS-E with IPBASE 12.2.37 se1trying to upgrade IOS to ADVIP 12.2.25 seb3using this commandarchive download-sw /alow /overwriteI get error unable to create a temp dir "flash:update"

jfeo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,my first question here =)i got 2 of thoes in topic, between my office and a customer whit fiber connection and some fiber-to-TP converter.i also use Nagios to ping and moniton my devices, the switches is configured exatly the same but differen...

What is the difference between tracking a sub-interface configured for VLAN and simply tracking a physical interface?For e.g. standby track FastEthernet0/0.5vsstandby track FastEthernet0/0According to my understanding the second option automatically ...

rsgamage1 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts,Can anybody give me brief introductions on Router Passive interface & Split Horizon.1. What is the reason for configuring a passive interface on a router?2.What is the correct statement best explain the split horizon rule?Thanks in advance...