Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have just received a 3560G 24 port POE switch back from a rental return with a customer. Upon powering up the switch everything is fine until the following error message!!! WARNING: The switch is not usable !!!Unable to create l2trace server proce...

Hi,6500 has several options for etherchannelload balancing - MAC, IP adddress, port number and MPLS.If an ethernet frame is received with type equal to MPLS and is to be switched over an etherchannel with load balancing set for IP address will ita) l...

pbelletty by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I created Ethernet subinterfaces with VLAN and isl/dot1qencapsulation.then i tried Applying VRF (part of MPLS VPN) to it, and it workedwithout giving error.But I believe, VPN isnt supported on VLAN interfaces.. it doesnt makesense to have L3 tunneli...

tarandeep by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Overview of the basic layout is as show in the attachment. An additional note is that, the PIX and R7 is connected through a switch, CAT2.*VLAN 24 is the primary untagged VLANCAT2 - PIXinterface FastEthernet0/2 switchport access vlan 24 switchport...

Hi:Nagle's algorithim is used for TCP-based applications to avoid send-side Silly Window Syndrome. As far as Cisco router management is concerned, the service is used to optimize the Telnet or SSH session to the router by buffering the administrator'...

lamav by Level 8
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have done a policy based routing and attached the policy to the interface. But none of the packets are marking. route-map name permit 10 match ip address 150 set ip next-hop.And attached this to an ATN subinterface as;ip policy route-map nameCan...

drnteam by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco 3750 switch as the vtp server. At the moment i use vtp version2.I have a requirement of using vtp version3.but when i type "vtp version ?"it shows only "1-2". Is vtp version3 not supported in cisco 3750 switch?

gamage123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just configured a 2960 switch with 3 VLAN's. I'm having some issues with interfaces when I go look at the system log. They are constantly going up and down.Here is an example:Description: Interface FastEthernet0/9, changed state to downExplanatio...