Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, i'm facing the problem for the cisco 6509E which error message as below:"Autoboot: failed, BOOT string is empty"After this i tried to boot into the flash card which as below:rommon 1 > boot slot0:Error : compressed image checksum is incorrect 0x3...

I will be performing "Performing a Fast Software Upgrade " Following link explains that http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/redund.html#wp1089399My question is do i have to upload new IOS on both sup-bootflash:...

singhsaju by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,i have a two switches for two seperate depts,i would like to configure mac address filtering on the switch so that users cannot communicate with each other.can someone help with configuration guide.

there is no vlans, no radius server yet.dhcp snooping should be done in a network that contains2960s and a 4506.What should be itenarary andthe commands should be inserted the switches

Hi experts !Good day to you all! I would like to have your advice regarding our plan tomigrate our customer network as I'm need to know whether our migration planis feasible to work on. I would like also to know what other goodalternatives that we co...

alexals by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have 4503 in my network and for the last 3 days its CPU utilization is touching almost 99%... No major changes have occured during the last 3. I have debugged a lot. Nothing unusual .. even restarted the entire switch but the problem persist...

HI.I have 3 6509s, 2 switches are layer 3 and one can only support layer 2. The 2 Layer 3 6509s are acting as Distribution and Access layer switches. (Please see attached diagram). I want to setup VTP and make 211-6509-1 the VTP server and the other ...

lacox3131 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We all know that all the switches comes with port-channel load-balance “src-mac”. We have a netapps and we have made the etherchannel with netapps using 3 gig ports, we checked the documentation, netapps only support port-channel load-balance src...

I'm a novice working with cisco switches but I know enough to do upgrades to software and basic troubleshooting. I have a Cat 4006 switch. I recently and successfully updated to the software version to NmpSW: 7.6(6) I also successfully updated the...

gwilcox by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can some 1 refer me a good doc that clearly explains the nested policy maps alongwith any restrictions in use of them, kindly also confirm me that if i am using nested policy maps then is it necassary that parent policy map must use shape com...