Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a global MPLS BGP network. At this time all of the international sites have local internet access. So BGP handles all the corporate WAN connectivity and a default route to the local firewall handles the internet connectivity. I was asked if ...

I wonder if someone can assist with the solution I am looking to implement. We are having a new radio link which will connect one of our remote sites back to head office (Kensington). The radio links terminate at the remote end on a 1Gbps which is ...

Hi, I have a pretty simple network setup with multiple VLANs only using Static routing. We only have one default static pointing outbound. There are a few VLANs suchs as a "backup" network and "iscsi" network that we'd rather not have reachability ...

jaye15394 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know why you can't ping an SVI after it has been created? I issue the no shut but i can't ping it from the switch it is on. It will ping once i trunk it to another switch, or connect a device to a switch port configured for said vlan. Ver...

Resolved! 3750 config file

Recently noticed something in the config file of a stack of 3750s that isn't in any of our other stacks. At the top of the config file is a long series of mls qos commands. We do not use qos. Wondering how they got in there and how to get them out if...

cef2lion2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to know how to enable and configure multicast on 4948 Cisco router. I have two Sun server with checkpoint (in multicast load balancing mode) connected with one port on each 4948. So, I have 3 ip address and one of these is virtual. Do yo...

Hi NetPro,is that necessary to apply BPDU Guard to Server Farm Switch ? or compulsory must implement BPDU Guard to Server Farm Switch ? your reply will be highly appreciated.thanks.RegardsJack

ney25 by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

has anyone had to block intel ANS broadcasts into thier network from a BladeServer? I have an Ethernet type of 0x886d that is flooding out of the Dell BladeServer into my hybrid mode 6513. The dell has a Dell/Cisco Layer2 type switch equal to a 2900...

dmooreami by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing subnets

Is it true that you can use a router and route between subnets on a lan when all the pc's and the router are connected to only one switch?

I have 40+ switches including 4 CatOs 6513 switches in VTP server mode with more than 100 vlans. Most of the access switches don't have all vlan configured in their access ports. when I issue SHOW SPANTREE VLAN 4 on the access switch which is vtp cli...

I have setup of around 25 switches.One is used as server farm and i want to implement ip source guard.Do i have to configure on all switches or if i enable it only on server farm switch.will it stop spoffing from other switches

Hi all, when applying qos to my phones on my lan, i want to manually apply qos to the voip vlan, so in this case do I create a policy for the phones, then on the uplink ports do I simply create a trust port ?

We are service provider and our client have asked us to configure cisco 11501 css for their web based application. Which is the ideal networking place this switch has in the entire network? we have to configure 2 cisco 11501, 2 asa 5501 and then foll...