Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

1. In a enterprise, multiple area ospf network environment, why do I see that there are multiple DR and BDR. a. Example:172.16.97.2 1 FULL/BDR 00:00:34 172.16.255.30 GigabitEthernet6/8172.16.97.1 1 FULL/BDR 00:00...

Pardon my multicast ignorance, but:I'm doing a CBT where they mention many/few-to-one multicasts. Why would you need such a thing? I would think at that point, unicasts would accomplish the same purpose with no difference in bandwidth. If I have one ...

qstyk by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco 6506-E that is connected to other switches. But only starting yesterday that I started getting some eigrp errors between this switch and two others. See below:4/9/2008 9:50 PM : DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE 106: 000116: Apr 9 21:50:24.920 EST: %...

Tshi M by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have multiple MPLS poin to point links and want to make a bundle of these multiple links. I've been searching google a lot about it but could not find any satisfactory document on it. Kindly provide me the link/config-template if anyone of y...

Hi,Regarding multicast:- if i have a hub and spoke scenario in which hub is the RP & Mapping agent, and when I ping from one spoke router to another spoke router , I got one reply and then timeout . I tried to figure out by debugs and what I understa...

Good afternoon,I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I've been searching the net for about three hours now.Could anyone recommend a router/modules with 8-port Fast Ethernet and 5-port Fibre. Thank's alot.

rexjehhhh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear allI have two 3750g and four 2960.i want to connect each 2960 in both 3750for redundancy. can you give and idea about the solution?should i connect 3750(s) with stack or with normal cable ?

emadehsan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every body!I was reading cisco press book ccnp bcmsn by David Hucaby ccie 4594.I will quote from the book, chapter#17 pg no 462 3rd pargraph" one interesting side effect of the different data rate is that higher data are only possible at shorter ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am new to Multilayer switching (Catalyst 4510 series) and I want to configure my Catalyst 4510 switch to have Inter-VLAN communication. Can somebody please guide me or point me to the exact configuration for Inter-VLAN routing. Thank you for ...

lazon by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have several buildings on our campus that we are looking at installing ip phones in. The problem is the existing fiber to these buildings is only Multimode and is over 1000 feet which is too far for Gigabit over multimode. Are there any 24 port P...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VTP Client Mode

Hello, I would like to get input on VTP Modes. We have 3 Modes, Server ( Create, delete, change) VLAN information.Client Mode where you cannot delete/add or change VLAN.So if i have a switch 3550 which is in Server Mode, then according to Server Mo...