Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, can anyone tell me the meaning of crypto map, i have worked with them but dont know the actual meaning ?

Hi, I am a complete noob on the subject of Cisco switches. I have WS-C3560-48TS-S switch. Someone preconfigured ports 1-48 to be in vlan 172. I want to change some of the ports to be in vlan 192. (This vlan already exists.) And I don't want to goof ...

ksakrunner by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to set up multicasting using sparse-mode with Auto-RP. We basically have a 355012G or equivalent at each of our sites. Our WAN connection comes in on gi0/1 and then we use VLAN Interfaces to seperate subnets after that. I set up sparse-mo...

schadmin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I created 3 subinterfaces on a 3800 router for VLANs on different switches but the subintefaces protocl shows "down" {see attached for output}. Can someone tell me what I missing? Thanks in advance, sK

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have detected an intermitted incident on my network that has been tough to pin down. From time to time, certain WinXP client machines report the a loss of connectivity to the internet. Apon a tracert to say 4.2.2.2, the tracert dies at a routed int...

tendter15 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI am using a C2950-24 as a bit of practice for the CCNA exams, a snag I hit is that I can create multiple VLANs but when I enable one with the no shutdown command and previously enabled VLAN goes down.Does anyone know if this is a limitation wi...

twhittle1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,It may a simple question that VLSM constructed & support for IP version 4 then what about in feature IP version 6.Can any body look it.Regards,Naidu.

I have the following ACL on my border gateway. access-list 120 remark Only applied to g0/0access-list 120 remark Prevents Pings to routeraccess-list 120 deny icmp any any echo logaccess-list 120 deny icmp any any traceroute logaccess-list 120 per...

Hi,We notice on our provider connection collisions due to the halfduplex settings. I contacted our provider and he is telling me that the duplex settings of a cisco 800 routers can't be changed. Can someone confirm me that this is impossible?Best r...

For a basic Spanning-Tree setup is this a good starter...Designated root bridge commands;spanning-tree mode pvstspanning-tree vlan xx priority 4096And all other (non-root) bridges commands;spanning-tree mode pvstspanning-tree extend system-idI know o...