Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I am a newbie on Cisco with limited knowledge, but have read the configuration manuals for the 3550 and 2950 devices. We are in process of changing our network infrastructure substantially.The problem I am trying to solve is I cannot identify w...

cwlangren by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE with the Switch Fabric Module 2 WS-X6500-SFM2. We are upgrading the switch and wondering Wwat is the replacement for this blade when using a SUP32? Nad could you point me to a link for more info....

I'm using rotary NAT on a pair of 2600 Routers to translate the same IP to two different destinations using TCP load distribution.Everything works fine except when you fail one of the physical servers. The Router will still try and NAT you to an IP t...

wrgoulden by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our client has two sites, internal and remote. Internal has installed a Server, the remote site is the client subnet of this server.The router which is connecting the server has other department subnet connection as well. And also connect internal ro...

ryanyan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6506 incrementing FCS-ERR counters on an SFP port. The other end of the fiber is connected to a Catalyst 2980. There are no errors on the 2980 port and there is no duplex mismatch noted on either switch port. What would be the most likely...

medic by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

NTP

Hello everyone,I have a Windows server on the network acting as the time server and I would like to point the Switches to it to get the time. I've entered the command ntp server ( IP Address of server ). I also have the clock timezone EST -5 comman...

Hi,I am reading about Source Specific Multicast, and I just don't get the point.... if the end result of using SSM is that one broadcaster or sender makes a shortest path tree directly one receiver, what is the advantage at that point of having multi...

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! link-local

dear netpro!when you map the Link local of the remote router to ur local router do i need to assign the brodcast keyword like the address of the remote node Node10xs

alsayed by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi NetPro,i got this logs from the core-switch : %SPANTREE-7-PORTDEL_FAILNOTFOUND: 3/16 in vlan 130 not found (telnet145) . but, VLAN 130 still in the Core-switch . i wonder what does this means.your reply will be highly appreciated.thanks.regards,Ja...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a query regarding implementation of MPLS in Enterprise Network. If an enterprise network is comprised of Cisco's multilayer design i.e access,distribution and core then what is the advantage of deploying MPLS in that network.Regards,Mujeeb

rmujeeb81 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes