Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Without going in to too much detail, could someone just give a brief outline on the benefits of upgrading Supervisor engine?Say from Supervisor Engine II to Supervisor Engine IV?Is it mainly just the overall backplane throughput that improves or are ...

Hi all, has anyone come across this issue, we are dialling up to a vpn using analogue dial, (phone number), this works from our office, and the user can make voice calls from her phone at home, but it will not let her dial up to the number at home, c...

Hi everyone, I have a problem with performance over SFP links. In core I have two 6509 (12.2(18)SXD7)and WS-X6748. In access-layer I have many 3560. I have connected a 3560 and a 6509 via SFP and Trunk configured without redundancy (one link). There ...

Hi, I have cisco 3750, in that i hav created 3 vlanz, namely VLAN 99,101 & 102, among the 3 vlans, VLAN 102 interfaces keeps UP & Down with the following msg. "Mar 3 05:21:23 IST: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan102, changed sta...

Hii m using 3550-MLS and 2600-Router.My router is acting as a DHCP server to the clients which are connected to 3550.The problem is when any client comes up(which is attached to 3550) it issues a DHCP discover message to DHCP server, DHCP server repl...

HiJust hoping someone can help me to understand the following output:sh ip bgp 212.x.x.5 BGP routing table entry for 212.x.x.4/30, version 7Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table) Advertised to non peer-group peers: 212.y.y.1...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, If I create a loopback interface on my router/switch, can I connect to this from any vlan or any port, would my pc have to be on the same vlan ip of the port to reach the loopback, people say you can plug into any physical connection and stil...

I understand that there are severe distance limitations when running 10 GB over MMF. However, when I bring this up everyone wants to know what the maximum distance is. Does anyone have a link to a document in fairly easy language (CIO language) tha...

Hi everyone,I have a pub & sub call managers. When I ping (from the win 2000 servers) the localhost(127.0.0.1), it's ip, it's gateway, other ip in it's subnet, & even other ip on other network on the same switch, the results are all 10ms.ex:Reply fro...

redrobish by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card