Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi all, im planning to upgrade the router's IOS coz the current IOS does not support advanced routing features. The 1841 router has an SDM. I just want to know whats the relationship between the IOS and SDM? are they stored on the same memory. what ...

wireheadz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guysI have cat 4006 switch in working as core switch with WS4232 routing module. it has a HW failuer and cousing a lot of proplems so I am going to replace it with Cat 4506 Core.currently my config as the following- 4 Network segments (4 Vlans), e...

reagentom by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There ar emany switches one can purchase to act as access switches in the LAN environkment or the server farm access layer.There are the 3750s, 4500s, 6000, etc. Some switches have modulaqr chassis and others are fixed, like the 3750...So what criter...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the default convergence times when using RSTP? Unlike STP I understand that RSTP has three timing intervals before it begans to converge.RSTP Hello timer >>> 2 secondsMAX-AGE >>> 6 secondsForward-Delay (Lea...

farleyw by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I set vrf-lite runing eigrp on my 6500 and tried to build the neighbor with other external eigrp, but fails? If I use ospf replaced eigrp and it works. Only eigrp not work. The debug on vrf 6500 shows "224.0.0.10 not routable" when I runing eigrp. B...

Hi all, We have a catalyst 4506 which keeps crashing with no reasonable information on the crashinfo file. Could someone throw some light on how to troubleshoot this further. Have tried swapping the power supply and with both on still no luck.Thanks ...

subra4u by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

all, I need to restrict IP addresses : 10.220.4.1 - 4.48 from getting out to the internet, IP address 10.220.4.49, I would like access to the internet. Using the: network-object 10.220.4.0 255.255.255.0 command, how can I restrict the IPs up throug...

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello allI have a brand new 6506 when I make a cold restart it restarts but when I use reload command it drops to rommon 1> any idea why ?Thanks

ergonullu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

suppose we have 2 computers, pc A and pc B, connected to one switch (both on the same vlan). the ip on pc A is 192.168.0.1/16, and the ip on pc B is 192.168.5.1/24. will they be able to ping each other? [i said no because pc's act like rudimentary...

hi.622823 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, With my two 2950 catalysts whenever a vlan is created it is replicated to the other switch as expected but interface they are assigned to was not automatically replicated on the other switch until i go there to configure (switchport mod...

newnetman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm a systems admin and not a network admin so my skills are relatively week in layer 3/4. But I'm looking for a tool that can trace a tcp connection from on system to another. Specifically, I want to be able to see the time each session takes- from ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card