Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I just turned up a 1 gig ethernet fiber connection across our state - a distance of 250 miles. Each end is terminated on a 7604 with Sup720-3B and 7600-SIP-400. The carrier says this connection goes through 2 OC48s.With nothing loading down this ne...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 2620LAN <-> ASA <-> 2620 <-> Internet All internal clients are able to connect to the Internet (including icmp) but one. From the failed client I tried pinging to an outside source; the ASA shows traffic leaving the network but the ping fails....

I am configuring a trunk port to a VMWare ESX server. I have had problems with virtualization on AIX servers bleed STP BPDU's across the hypervisor through a redundant link thereby causing a bridging loop. I want to protect myself from this same th...

jdevoll by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all,I notice looging in the log of 6513 core the following errors: Jul 16 09:37:39.481 extende: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IPX-EIGRP 767: Neighbor 1D113.000e.d665.d9fc (Vlan113) is down: holding time expiredJul 16 09:37:54.817 extende: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANG...

mkhadr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm going to be installing several 4506 switches running Sup4 cards, and am considering using MST for the rapid convergence etc. These are core switches supporting 2960's at the edge. Reading the documentation I see that the 4506 supports VTP v2, and...

aacole by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is probably a stupid question, but that hasn't stopped me before, so:If I had a sever in a DMZ and needed to set up a secondary NIC on it and I had no other interfaces for additional DMZs,Is there a secure way to set up the second NIC for point ...

hi,I have around 300 customer at same diameter of 500 mts i need to desing the network and provide the internet access for all the users how it possible and it should be manageable Please help me out for the same mdmaqdoom@gmail.comRgdMaqdoom.M

mdmaqdoom by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I believe that layer 2 we use frames and layer 3 we use packets, my question is when 2 pc's on the same lan talk to each other, are only frames involved as its all layer 2 ??

hi,i want ask about if it's possible to configure snmp on router for sending trap when there is a modification on his config.if yes how can i do this.thanks.

Dear sir, Iam having cisco catlyst 2960 48ttl switch in this i want to load HTML in this switch.because i want use this switch through webbrowser. but in this flash no html file plz tell me how can i load this html and its a folder. One more help plz...

Hi,A Gigaehternet module of Cisco 6509 prompts a disabling log when the device reloads/reset.I wander if it'll affect the function of this module.If it will,which function will be lost?Following is the detail of the diabling log:00:02:02: %DIAG-SP-6-...

freedream by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Day 1, network is fine. I go home for the day. About 9:00 pm, I get alerts of overheating and we shutdown.Day 2, AC is repaired, bring network back up. There are 3 networks that are not quite working right. vlan 201 is a /22 network. Vlan 901 is...

jlhainy by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card