Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Our CEO has 2 different internet connections and wants it set up to failover without him changing the cables,seamless failover.Noise is an issue. Any recommendations

djohnson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I'm trying to get a GRE-over-IPSec-over-DSL link to bridge NetBEUI, but I can't seem to find a way to do so. I had a suggestion earlier regarding bridge commands, but I can't seem to find them on the boxen (it involved the SSAP and DSAP).I'm using...

Resolved! 4507R Module query

HiI am in process of ordering a 6 port GBIC modlue or 18 port.I am confused about one thing in cisco docs it says 6 gbic module will have all the ports wire speed and on 18 gbic module its says 2 ports will have wire speed and 16 will have a ratio of...

Hi,I know there is a long history of questionably successful management softwrae prodcuts, java-heavy stuff that is not quite up to par with modern management platforms so I lost touch with this stuff. Can someone make a solid recommendation on the c...

bbiandov by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, If I have 2 switches both plugged together twice, within spanning tree if the links to the switch are the same speed, is it port number, would the higher port number be blocked ?

Can I use any vendors TACACS server for authentication for Cisco routers and switches? If so, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

EIGRP has a limit of six parralel paths. If I use multilink on 6 T1 lines will that be one path. Could I use in theory 36 T1 lines? Any advice would be appreciated. I currently have a T3 in place that averages 10MB of utilization and want to re3d...

Resolved! Syslog

Hi,I need to send syslog to a serverwhich command should I use :logging xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxorsnmp-server enable trapssnmp-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx publiccheersdav

trombidz1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.I have a question about Layer 3-4 Switch (for example 3560) and Router (for example 2800). What difference between that device in 3-4 layer? Which one will be faster than other.3-4 Layer switchinng is it the same that routing?Thanks.

Hi,I'm running RSTP on a stack consisting of 2 WS-C3750G-24TS-1U switches.Recently I discovered spanning tree running on one of the stackwise ports of the stack:------------------------------------------------VLAN0001 is executing the rstp compatible...

ttanel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes