Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, has anyone had trouble connecting on line con0 using puTTy. Telnet & ssh works fine however when connecting via the serial option the session ends by closing down the window.

g.watt by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Through an unfortunate combination of circcumstances, my router's configuration now has TWO instances of "ip nat inside source static ..." for a single inside address:ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.36 80 interface FastEthernet0 80ip nat in...

We have stood up a new network with new area 0. We are trying to figure out the best way to transition the legacy area 0 and non-backbone areas onto the new core. One solution is to maintain separate area 0s. We are still discussing this strategy but...

dnewell24 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a netgear managed switch and a cisco 1750 router. I would like to set up 2 vlans. the first one is a wan, with a residential cable model connected to it. the other vlan is for my private lan. I will then have the cisco router connected to one ...

RECENTLY purchased ASA 5520 and connected every thing but vpn client is an issue ... we are having 8 public ip address from ISPtwo of them already been used. we are having 50 vpn client inside ... I enable both esp isakmp, Nat-t on both inside and ou...

swamy105 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A couple questions.If i go to mail.domain.com.au externally i reach the required page.If i go mail.domain.com.au Internally, I get a DNS error.I could just add a new DNS Zone, however I want to add it in the router so if I type the external domain lo...

Resolved! private vlan Qs.

I would like to split out my vlan so that there are 2 groups of hosts that can communicate within the group and with hosts outside the vlan, but not with each other. I think that I need to keep the existing vlan as the primary and create 2 new vlans ...

Hey,I have a Cisco 3500 with 48 port and 2 uplink ports. When i use a fastethernet port as uplink i get the following error:"%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking FastEthernet0/42 on vlan 1.Inconsistent port type." and the port is disabled. I tried s...

systembeh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We want to turn off Telnet access to anywhere throughout the network. And we will like to achieve this via the Switches which is where all the devices connect to.Is there a command that can be used on the Switches to not allow telnet through it at al...

londint by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,My issues is this:I have a home office router and a core router. The following is the config. I'm using crypto maps to create it. But there seems to be an issue with the ACLS. I can ping both public IP address but after that, nothing. Any hel...

rodonohu1 by Level 1
  • 40 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card