ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.

Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Iam looking to put in anycast RP and MBGP to our 2 ISP connections to make multicast resilient. The problem I have is that our clients that connect to us use static routing to connect and have a 0/0 unicast route to a HSRP address and a 0/0 mroute to...

kjbarrass by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 3750 switches trunked over a single mode fiber span with two SFP transeivers on each end. When I transfer large files, it performs very well. But when I copy large numbers of small files, I see latency that is not present when the same t...

jimb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I tried to upgrade my 2821 ISR from 12.4(7) to 12.4(11)T.It was expected to solve a http inspect performance pb.This seems to be solved but it introduced a new bug:I am using a transparent proxy for http filtering based on policy routing (PBR)...

falain by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

dear all,ive a brand new 6509-E with me im expecting the Sup720-3B coming week, ive a doubt in this 720-3B MSFC/PFC's are already inside rt?and what will be the OS inside this?will it be catos or IOS? or i need to install a new IOS in this.will it c...

Hi,I have a problem between pair of cat 6509 and a 3750 stackThe 6509 are linked to my core and have a line to my access layer 3750. When my physical link goes down on one of the 6509, the vlan interface are still up, blackhole-ing half of my traffic...

I am trying to configure a 7200VXR with a PA-2FE-TX I just installed. I want to set the 0-port of this adapter to the internal network (192.168.1.0/24) and the 1-port to the external/ISP network (63.0.0.0/8). The router's internal address is 192.16...

Hi,I have setup my 2811 router to act as a dhcp server.However, I dont see any request come into the router.I have several access list setup, but I dont think they may be causing the problem.My Config is :Fa 0/0.1 is 10.1.1.7service dhcp is enabledip...

If I have a 4424 card that effectively has 1gb backplane access per group of 4 ports, it seems to me there is no benefit of running a 4 port etherchannel (1gb each port) to the same group of 4 ports because only 1gb throughput could be achieved to th...

mamoss by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are running into a problem that when 57xx broadcom nics are set to auto neg. the data seems to come through slowly. But when the ports and nics are set to 100 half the data comes through at an exceptable level i was wondering if anyone has ever ex...

I have several 6500 Sup720s running IOS 12.2(18)FX7.'MLS QOS' is configed globally and 'mls qos trust dscp' is on all the interfaces. Other than that everything else is default as far as MLS qos is concerned. I've enabled MLS QOS so the switches wi...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is the current configuration of switches I have setup on our network. Its about 150 miles long(east-west) and about 20 miles wide(north-south). All of the locations are connected via a wireless bridges(trango, tranzeo, smartbridges) or via an ...

We have two Procurve switches that are currently stacked. One 1Gbps port is linked to another 1Gbps port on the other switch. We are using one VLAN besided the Defualt_VLAN and want to know if Tagging the ports is the way to go or Trunking them is th...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card