Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

AOA, I have a 2950 and 3550 switch network, i have a lot of VLANs in our network, i am facing a problem that some time our ssh session hang with different Linux server. I face this problem specially when I i use two network card one is Real IP and...

Greeting,I just have a brand new Aironet 1300 directly connects to Cat 4506. We just upgraded it from cisco 350. So the cable and port still the same. But for some reason, we are keeping getting intermittant problem that people on aironet bridge netw...

Questions:1. If I set aside 30% of T1 bandwidth using Priority command and it actually uses 20% of it, does the remaining 10% get distributed into the rest of the Classes in QoS? or does Bandwith command do so?I am unclear if either one of them will...

Hieu Cao by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

what is the maximum lacp connections that can be set up between switches.

whanson by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm interested in practicing BRI configurations and was wondering if it's possible to create a BRI to BRI direct connection in a lab. I'm presuming not, but thought I'd ask. Just one router with a BRI WIC connected directly to another router's BRI ...

refram by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a CAT 500 with a WLC 4402 hooked to the gigabit port and i am getting the following notification errorsPort Gi1: Detected undersize frames generated by the connected deviceIs there a way to disable this alert or a particular smartport setting ...

natedog by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm trying to configure switches to add a vlan. I currently have a flat (default VLAN 1) with two 3750 connecting two locations A and B via a trunk. Address space is 10.1.1.0 class C consisting of clients an servers and the default gate is the...

fkatsumi1 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a maintenance window to upgrade IOS on two 6513s. I recall hearing or reading that IOS upgrades can be implemented without reloading the switch. Is the true? The switches are currently running Version 12.2(18)SXE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2...

mnewnam05 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I want to trunk over Etherchannel, where should the trunk parameters be set up, on the link interfaces (G2/1, G2/2) or on the virtual port interface (Po)?I notice that I can configure trunk parameters (CDP, allowed VLANs, native VLAN, tag native, ...

HiI've just created a new network range. The network is 192.168.16.0/24. The problem I have is that other hosts on the 10.222.4.0/255.255.252.0. What do I need to add to my internal router to make the 10. network see the 192.168.16.0 network.?Thanks ...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

why we use ip route-cache ....command what is its purpose and why we normally disable it with no ip route-cache.....thanks in advance