Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have always thought that ARP tables get created on routers only. However, I just noticed our Cat-2950 switch has an ARP table as well as the cam table. Since this switch has no layer 3 visibility, what exactly is this ARP table for and is it in som...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was working on some SUP engines today at work and notice alot, if not all, have two what looks like RJ-45 connectors next to the GBIC "cradles" on the inside. What is this used for? Does anyone have a clue?Just curiousScott

Hi, I would appreciate some advise on the following: Background: a cat6506 IOS 12.2(18).SXD3 is powered with redundant power supply(WS-CAC-1000W). currently, power supply 2 failed. From command, show power status all, it shows that the model of the p...

Hello,in network design, when do i apply a distribution layer? Is this only dependant on physical distance? Or what other factors do i have to consider?thanks?

LAN

I have two 1720 router one is connected to one ISP with 1024Kbps and the other have 512 Kbps.I have three unmanaglable switch.ONE Where the WAN interfaces are terminated and the intercases which require PubLic ips . IN the Other two swich all the sys...

rangap26. by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In an MSFC2 config that I'm trying to understand, I find this :..interface Vlan2.. ip policy route-map kokoLater I find this :..ip local policy route-map kokoWhat is the difference between "ip policy" in an interface, and "ip local policy"?tia

Hi,First, excuse my networking ignorance, i'm an old time Mainframe and Unix guy who is trying to expand my expertise in the network world.i have a potential customer who is running a very old novell 3.12 server. they would like vpn access for upper ...