Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We hv a cisco 3750 switch configured with different departmental vlans.Similarly we hv a vlan configured for WAN routers.Wan will be setup in the near future.There will be 2Nos. 1800 routers connecting to different service providers.Routers will b...

fmatrine by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have one catalyst 3550 switch that feeds three buildings via direct fiber connections to each building (each building as several catalyst 3500xl switches)I want each building to have a vlanbuilding 1 = ip ranges from 10.0.8.1 - 10.0.15.255 (loca...

jamato123 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What exactly does it take for routers to become neighbours for eigrp, Do they have to be on the same ip subnet, say there is 4 routers, would they all be neighbours with each other ?

I have just read a cisco ospf article regarding neighbors and adjacencies, I always thought these were the same thing but it appears I am wrong, Do ospf/eigrp routers etc form direct neighbours only with connected routers ? and then the 2nd step is 2...

Is there a command that will show the port speed on all ports of an given module. not using sh intexample. Say I want to make sure all 48 ports on mod 5 are running 1000 fullappreciate the help

gskatz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me how to set up an internet firewall for my router using cbac ? a simple config and explanation would be great if posscheers all

I am evalulating a hospital LAN which has 3 access switches (144 ports) connected to each other with fiber and then collapse on a single fiber run back to the core. I have calculated a 14 to 1 bandwith ratio. 14Gb access ports to 1 Gb fiber uplink ...

sarcher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I have a router advertiseing the network 172.16.38.0/24 running rip v1 and another router running rip v2 with the no auto summary command configured, and also advertising the same network , what will the difference be in the routing table ?

Can anyone tell me why we have to advertise the networks that would be on my serial links i.e if I had 2 routers with serials on the same subnet, and othe networks on the ethernet interfaces, why can we just advertise the networks on the ethernets, w...

When would I router running eigrp for example need to make a query, I thought if id didnt know about a route it would drop the packet unless a default is used ?

Hi,I've configured a reverse telnet, how can i remove speed in the aux configuration? when i use no speed, i've got the message "failed to change".

hi, i'm noob here.Just have a question for all experts.what is the meaning of this -> 10.150.10.5/32 ??The "/" means what?

litass123 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am planning to start a small WISP and I am just running through what I will need as far as a router and switches. I have attached a network diagram which contains a 2851 router with 9 port 10/100 HWIC and the switches are Catalyst Express 500 serie...

brett by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,just curious if there is a best practice for the naming of the inside int on a pix device. is there any harm in having it be addressed with an address from the vlan management pool?thanks,R

rhltechie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes