Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have been reading about summarizing routes and i just don't find a pattern on how that is done. Any one knows on any link where i can get more informantion on what can or can't be done when summarizing routes?Thanks for your time!

Resolved! I need help...

Hi, I'm a student in my first year of an IT program at a community college and we are required to design a network layout plan. I'm not quite sure how to go about doing this - we have the layout of the building, and where all the computers are locat...

I am trying to find out how to measure the utilization on a 100mb serial link between two sites that are connected with 4500 routers and 3548 switches. I can't seem to find any good documentation on the site unless I'm searching incorrectly. Thank...

kholford by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi...I am using a class A range with a subnet mask of 24 for our lan. We are connected via ISDN line to another site using 1700 router. I have connected the fastethernet port of the router (10.1.1.1/24)to our core (6506) and gave the ethernet port in...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I am new to this list, so I apologies in advance for the stupid question.My task is to connect our network with registered IP addresses to the network with "private" IP addresses for communication between one specific host on our network with...

henry by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two routers connected to my LAN via switch, only one router can ping the other router. Scenario:Router A: is an internet routerRouter B: 2nd router connected to the same networkRouter A is the only one can ping router B but router B cannot ...

At Present I am using No-name VOIP Routers and they are working fine. Now I want to replace them with Cisco Routers to get better results. I tried to configure them with Cisco "ConfigMaker" but I am facing lots of problem. I need help. I need a basi...

chopra by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm not sure this is a question for this forum,but i will ask anyway.I have 2 2501's,1 2502, and a 1912 switch.My problem is as follows,with my laptop setup running win2000pro,i can run hyperterminal and it comes up fine without internet connection.M...

We have a couple of Layer 3 switches (Cat-6506) that are etherchannelled together. There are 8 Vlans defined on the switches and we need to configure HSRP on the vlan interfaces. When the HSRP is configured on a vlan int, what would be the default ga...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We were having problems with our 827H router, so I decided to reset it to the factory defaults and re-run the quick setup. I've done that before with no problems. This time, after it loads the configuration in the web setup, it keeps checking the mod...

habco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please point me out to the doc dor configuring dlsw peers. Also, do I need to create a loopback interface in the MSFC (Cat-6506) if it's one of the peers?Thanks.

axfalk by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone know how I can get IOS to stop prompting me to confirm filename when I save the startup-config and just go ahead and save it?R1#copy running-config startup-configDestination filename [startup-config]?I'm trying to script regular config saves, ...

virtanet by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes