Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 2514 router that i'm trying to set up at home. I also have a Catalyst 1900 switch. The problem i'm running into is with my ios i believe. I don't have 12.0 on my router so i can't use dhcp on my e0 transceiver to automatically obtain from Co...

A simple question:do I break some RFC rule if I generate TCP traffic with source port below 1024 (i.e. source port 80 - destination port 80) ?I didn't manage to find any place where that's explicitly forbidden.TIA.

atassone by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys!I have a question about RSM on cat 5500.I'm having performance problems with RSM. The ip input process is consuming 46% of cpu power. Looking at the page http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a008...

Hi Actually i wanna know that how cisco gbic modules detect redundant links we have lots of 3550 switches in our network what we did is we connected three switches together (using stacking)and one gig port is going to core switch 4503 now what we di...

Hi..Currently we are installing an ATM 2M line at our site and I am a bit worried that users would abuse it by downloading large files over the internet and consume bandwidhth.I'd like to know how the router (3660) shares the bandwidth between users ...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me why NAT to my DMZ fails?interface FastEthernet0 ip address xx.100.97.194 255.255.255.248 ip nat outside duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet1 switchport access vlan 2 no ip address no cdp enable ! interface...

jerry.roy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is it possible to span a layer 3 source interface to another layer 3 destination interface of different subnet?ThanksAaron

ackyean by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a bit confused as to which broadcasts (local or directed) a router will pass. I have always thought that a router will pass directed broadcasts (all the host bits on) and filter local broadcasts (255.255.255.255). But then how does it know to le...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When configuring the virtual terminal for telnet sessions, I enter line vty 0 4. Does the 0 4 represent ports 0 - 4 ? Does that mean you can have 5 separate telnet sessions to the router at one time ?

I would like to test through-put from my routers to a managment station using TTCP. Does anyone know which platforms support TTCP. I am unable to test through-put using TTCP on Cisco 827's.

Hi!I found in "Cisco IOS Quality of Service SolutionsConfiguration Guide" that "WFQ is not supported with tunneling and encryption because these features modify the packet content information required by WFQ for classification."So, does it mean that ...

olqtro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am connecting 3750G-24TS-24 with 2950G-48-EI using SFP in 3750 and GBIC in 2950.Also I will be connecting UTP as secondory uplink in case my primary fiber uplink fails i can work through UTP.In this case should i enable spantree in both swithces as...

sureshmv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes