Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am designing a WAN for a small company. I am familiar with networking and basic cisco router configuration, however I have never attempted anything of this scope. My situation is as follows:The company currently has one main office and two branch o...

Can't log in via console port on the router.In config:line con 0 transport input noneI can remove this but if I reboot it's back there.Solved it once but can't remember how I did it.Thanks,Peter

Hi,One of ourcustomer have a Catalyst 1900 switch, but unfortunately they lost console cable. Is there any way around that we can still assign an IP Address to the switch as we also intending to manage thru web browser only.regardsVani Prasanna

I can't get the Etherchannel to work on my 3550 <--> 2950.Everything is configured properly, but still etherchannel sometimes brings both of the interfaces up and sometimes shuts one of them down, for no reason. Cables are same, configs same, everyt...

spalislam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer who recently upgraded to T1 access. We initially installed a Linksys firewall behind the Cisco router installed by the phone company but found that every 3rd or 4th time that we opened Internet explorer or tried to access the Inter...

stampro22 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Managed to get hold of 6 cisco 1600's and would like to use these to network 6 branch office LANS throughout the country together over the internet(all DSL connections if possible). What would I need to obtain from my ISP, in the way of IP Addresses...

I have one 2955 Switch out of the box and need to configure http to connect from the web browser and need also telnet. I followed the manual for configuring, setting the passwords and setting ip server http for instance, but doesn't work.Could somebo...

josepss by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm task to "lock" my LAN. Preventing others from plugging home laptop to the LAN. What is the recommended method and must allow freedom to move about within the LAN; many are mobile users...Regards,Steven

When viewing the syslog on a 3500 xl switch I have encountered messages that refer to port numbers that do not seem to exist on the switch. For example:Add address 000c.4114.3468, on port 54 vlan 1Delete address 0090.2707.b0e0, on port 54 vlan 1Ad...

dmayne by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes