Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey.I have some pnp problems booting up a ie3300 switch. For some reason it gets the ip-address but not the tftp bootstrap file - using option 150 (it works on vlan 1) I have change the pnp to startup i vlan 5. 1: After the DTP (trunk negotiation is ...

qukquk by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, hopefully this is the right place for this question We have been having issue with DHCP Ip address assignment for the past 3-4 weeks now where by some users pc/laptop (both LAN and Wireless) are not getting IP address. Its getting an APIPA. We ha...

la.pm by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is a strange problem, posting here because we haven't been able to isolate the source of the issue. We recently migrated few switch stacks from 3750X/V2 to 2960X in different sites. After the migration, we are observing intermittent connectivity...

kumardilip by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, just wanted to confirm this is right:Imagine people is not sure which IP's should be allowed on a certain ACL. Then I need to find it. I thought about adding a "deny any any log" to the end of the ACl. The way I understand is that the "deny an...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! I have a network consisting of 1 router as a dhcp server which is connected to the main switch (SW-MAIN) , this switch has 1 controller connected and is also connected with multiple PoE switches with APs on them. The router has an ip of 10.10.10....

hehexd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone... I am trying to build out a LACP Etherchannel between a Dell R540 and a Cisco 2960XR. Everytime I build out a Port Channel interface, the ports stay in a suspended state. I cannot get them out of it. I have tried setting the switch a...

TW80CJ5 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi there i have configured a port channel with 4 total ports.  is there a command i can run that will show the aggregate bandwidth? ie. 4 x 10 GB ports - 40 GB total throughput ?  how can i see this ? thanks,

Hi,interface GigabitEthernet3/31switchport mode accessswitchport nonegotiateswitchport voice vlan 30 Why is it possible to hv 2 VLAN (data and voice) in the same port considering it is ACCESS and NOT TRUNK port?Bcoz of Cisco technology OR this is qui...

getaway51 by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All its been a while since i worked with switches in a stack. I have 5 and the have massive cpu for last 5 days down to fed processes. I see there is a bug advertised by cisco. But in the short term I want to reboot. I have no support hardware or ...

Hello everyone, I'm planning a ring profinet network as attachment. I would have doubts regarding the uplinks to the distributions switch where STP is implemented.I'would to have a redundancy links betweens the ring and distribution switch but if i i...

My Config is:    ISP Router -> Cisco ASA5510 -> Cisco 2951    ISP Router = 192.168.200.1 Cisco ASA5510 0/0 = DHCP (outside) Cisco ASA5510 0/1 = 10.0.0.1 (inside) - connected to Cisco 2851 0/0 Cisco 2851 0/0 - 10.0.0.2 no nat configured Cisco 2851 0/1...