Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are in the process of replacing a legacy Juniper Core switch with a 2 stack Cisco 9300 configuration.The VM Hosts within the environment are all configured in the current Vlan 1 on the Juniper switch.We are trunking to these hosts.We have the foll...

KMNRuser by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,I would greatly appreciate your help, the log in a cisco Nexus9000 C9336C-FX2 Chassis is showing high temperature in three ports Ethernet1/34, Ethernet1/35, Ethernet1/36:2024 Sep 20 15:29:38  %ETHPORT-4-IF_XCVR_WARNING: Interface Ethernet...

I have been task to turn a immature network into something that looks more standardized. I wanted to create a Network Design with Collapse Distro & Core with a single WAN connection and two core/distro switches. Question 1.) For FHRP, what connection...

Mr Cole by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello, all.On a couple of stacks, when I run "install remove inactive" I get the following message:install_remove: START Thu Sep 12 12:02:24 EST 2024FAILED: install_remove : The input file INVALID is not a valid fileIt is version 16.5.1a.Here is the ...

harmank78 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, I am trying to get into ROMMON on a C9300 switch. I was attempting to get the switch on our Meraki dashboard and missed a step during the configuration/onboarding and would need to start the process over. I have followed the steps as indic...

I'm working with a Catalyst C9500-32C on version 17.1.1. I have a QSFP-4SFP25G-CU5M module in port 2(the port is breakout enabled). Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix shows that QSFP-4SFP25G-CU5M is compatible with C9500-32C on version 17.1....

prafla001 by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I have a head scratcher that I'm dealing with.  I have 2x (2 month) 6880-x switches configured with vss with 2 vsl links on each of its sup cards and switch 1 is the active switch on the vss.  Both 6880x chassis also have 2 additional 10g mod...

Hi Team, Whenever i am executing any command in a router or switch, i am receiving following error, if try for more than 2 to 3 times, the command stats executing. please advise what is the cause for this error and how to rectify this? CE ROUTER#sh...

We have a Cisco switch (Cisco Nexus Switch 6001) where we need to configure a VLAN IP like a normal switch(Normal Switch #Interface vlan1#ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0, but there is no option available. How can we configure the VLAN IP on this...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card