cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

I have several Aironet 1100 series APs and everything works fine. I would like to decrease the signal so it could only be reach in certain distance or area. Is there a way for me to do this?

johnisccp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently my company has started doing lots of wireless surveys. The survey kit consists of a battery pack several AP's and antennas and what I belive to be a steel speaker stand as the survey pole. Once you have the AP and batttery pack on this thi...

eddig by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Adjusting antennas

Hi!I have an aironet 1242AG access point, with 2x 2,4Ghz (AIR-ANT5135D-R) and 2x 5Ghz (AIR-ANT4941) antennas installed. I have the access point lying on a wardrobe, close to the ceiling. What is the best position for the antennas? Should they be stra...

Hello. We have 26 Aps (1200 and 350) that I am trying to centralize the security on (specificaly the MAC Filter) with a FreeRadius Server running on Fedora Core 6. The server runs, and recognizes my ap (I am using one Aironet 1200 as my initial test)...

hillarybm by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Error code lights

Having a problem with a 1242 ap in lightweight mode. The radio light was flashing, flash off, flash flash off.But i can't find anywhere on the website a anything saying what the flashing lights mean.If anyone know what this means that would be great....

I am new to the wireless LAN controller world so I have a question.we just bought and configed a 2006 controller. we don't have any APs connected to it yet(waiting on antennea). I am presumming that I should have the setting Master Controller Mode s...

garyrivers by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I am wondering I have set up WPA2 with leap authticating with active directory. Management is interested in having a guest account or Vlan for vendors. Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions for this issue.

Hope someone here can help. I have a client that lives in a large home with an external mother in law building. AP is in this building. His wife uses the computer in the main house and consistently getting dropped connections. Originally they ha...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card