cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Recently one of our BR350's started showing the following behaviour:All three status lights are solid. Ethernet is solid red, Association status is solid green, and Radio activity is solid yellow.. Is this a dead unit, or can it be resurrected in som...

moebiusds by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just got some Cisco wireless kit which I have set up and would like to know how to go about configuring the access points. I have 2 Aironet 1100s AP's of which only one successfully allows Wireless laptops to log in. However once logged into our netw...

ian_ahb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please advise me on what settings do I need on cisco ap 1200 (12.2(11)JA1 ) in order configure 802.1x to work on windows xp client (SP1). I have been meddling with the settings but no result. I get authentication failed on cisco 1200 event log. Pl...

ixus75 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello;I would like suggestions regarding designing a ship to shore 802.11b network. This project will involve multiple research vessels (3) that will require wireless connectivity back to our campus. We would like multiple 'hot spots' (3 or 4 areas...

jalange by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is Wireless secure solutions exists like LEAP on cards such as Secure Digital or another ?I would like to use a Pocket PC or Palm on WLAN which support LEAP or PEAP, but i don't know what i have to do/choose ... I know that PCMCIA is available and Ci...

sdugravot by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Does any of the IOS Releases for 2900/3500XL support dot1x? I have been searching for documentation for this and can't find any. Does it mean dot1x is not supported on these boxes?Thanks

nojpt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are planning to install around 120 Aironet 1200 APs across the University and needs to buy some tool to monitor and site survey? Could you please recommend some tool works on 802.11a, b & g.Thanks,Anton

dnsauck by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have started converting our Access Points to the IOS software. So far, I have two 1200 access points that will stop authenticating clients after about 4 days. I was wondering what others are experiencing with the conversion to the IOS software an...

w.brunson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking at the cisco specs on the new radios, it looks like the range of 802.11g is about half that of 11b and the power output is 30mw instead of 100mw. If the radio falls back to 11b mode, will the power output and range be comparable to the 11b r...

yantisj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! rts threshold

Hi,I have a question about best practice about the "rts threshold". The default value of the rts threshold is 2312, so by a mtu of 1500, clients never send a request-to-send, i.e. rts is disabled per default. I have tested it with a ftp download with...

l.meyer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have aironet 350 (ver 12.03)+ cisco client pcmcia adapter (ver 8.2)i am trying to implement the eap with Ms IAS or Vasco.i am not using the ACU - i use win2k and winxp with the correct patches.nothing work - i am getting this message "Unsupport...

amisu by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking for some visio stencils to help me document and design my wireless network. I usually use the cisco generic icons for most of my drawings, but I don't have any wireless equiqment stencils. Could someone point me in the right direction ...

sknorr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card