cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,We are thinking of installing two aironet AP's for a small group of people here. The management does not want to setup any additional boxes(radius, etc). I have read that WEP alone is akin to swiss cheese in terms of security and that more secu...

lhinz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the difference between a VAR Installation key and an AP Installation key on a 340 AP?I just recieved a replacement 340AP under RMA. My old AP had an AP Installation Key, while the new (rma) AP has both the AP and VAR Installation Keys.Just cu...

I am trying to setup the Aironet 350 and client 5.02 and want to beable to let the users change their profiles easily. eg Home and Office.Is there a tool that lets you change profiles from an icon in the system tray eg like the orinoco cards. rather...

oconnelm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I´m new with this stuff, so I would like to know what can I do to get the connections between the two buildings as secure as possible. I´ve found something about RADIUS server but in conjuction with access points and not with bridges. What is possibl...

Hi...Does the AP have the ability to assign IP addresses to WLAN devices which roamed into the area? I didn't want to give my WLAN device a static IP, but it wasn't able to get one dynamically via DHCP as well. Can someone advise?Thanks!

mazmunk by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've seen a few forum posts similar to this, but no resolutions...I have converted to LEAPmy Cisco 340 Access Point. My clients (combination of 340 cards and older Aironet models, all at recent firmware) will successfully LEAP-authenticate, but the ...

jim123 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

With LEAP, would users have to be reauthenticated when roam to a new access point? If authentication is password based, would that require users to re-enter password for reauthentication?Thanks

judy.fu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need help. We are trying yo impliment a wireless pick and ship system in our Distribution wherehouse. The system has been purchased and installed, but we are affraid to connect it to our network due to security concerns. The system is SYMBOL bra...

lgoodin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card