Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I have a question on channel groups. We currently have 2 channel groups on a cluster, each going to 2 different switches (different floors so we only have the 2 cable runs to each location). We are replacing both the switches, however we want ...

gavinr98 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 3 SG350X-MP stacked together.  The master switch is connected to the two slaves directly over SFP ports.  There are no connections between the slave ports. Why are two stacking ports required for each switch?  Is there a main and a backup?  I...

encojosh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. We have a user that has a laptop that can not get network access when used on a particular switch. His laptop gets an authenticated by ISE and gets an IP address but can not access/ping any network hosts. His issue just recently started.All ot...

GregH.NY by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all dear comunity memebers , I have an issue which couldn't find soluation for . We have an IPTV server & TVs with Cisco 4507R & 2960X switches . The IPTV Vlan is Vlan 3. All configuration we have done seems to be correct and all are on the same V...

mabuzaid1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts, When I tried to check to enable the DOS in switch, cisco document mentioned as below: Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility and choose Security > Denial of Service Prevention > Security Suite Settings. link: https://www.cisco...

Hello everyone,Although the configuration of private VLANs is straight forward based on the documentation, but i'm not ablw to make it work using the below configuration on Cisco NX 9000 in GNS3 Lab; configure terminalvlan 2private-vlan primaryexitvl...

Hi again, I thought tie breakers in STP were MAC address and bridge priority but in the following question, the correct answer are A and C. Question: When electing a root port for a nonroot switch, which values are used to break ties if required? A. ...

i All,I was configuring a set up in packet tracer similar to router on a stick. Only difference is that we got a Cisco ASA firewall in between router and the switch as below: The port from switch to firewall has been made trunk from the switch end. I...

Firewall.PNG
sarath92 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have using cisco 3560x.Site TA : 3560xSite KA : 3560xI'm using vlan routing for communication between site TA and site KA.and I have 2 provider metro-e, ISP T and ISP B.How to make if ISP T is fail, ISP B is running automatically?now if ISP T fail,...

1.JPG

Resolved! Native VLAN

Hello Experts, What is the use of the Native VLAN? I know that the frames are sent untagged between the trunk ports.  Why there require to send the packets in untagged format? Is there any reasons? Regards,Sathishkumar.