Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,   I have 2 sites. Site A and Site B connected via Point-to-Point connection. Both are functional. I want Site B to look at the just 1 VLAN configured at Site A. Site B is using cisco 1841 router and Site A is using Cisco catalyst 3650 switch. ...

Hello guys,   i have a problem with our cisco 3850 when connecting a linux host. The host gets its IP via DHCP as supposed and works just normal as long as traffic is caused on the network interface. After 10 minutes waiting and no traffic is caused ...

Axel S. by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am running a '15.0(2)SE2WS-C2960S-24PS-L '. Tacacs is configured identically to other switches in my inventory. The problem is, when I log in, there is a big delay waiting for the password prompt. Then when I do enter the password, I am deni...

WE have been working on setting up vlans to divide our network up.  On our Catalyst 9300 switch I have 5 vlans created and 5 SVI for routing between vlans.  All our endpoints are connected to Meraki switches.  The Director of IT wants to control at t...

Bobby P by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello dears,   I would like know if the Catalyst 9K switch series (9300/9400/9500) supports the OpenFlow protocol.   This switches can be managed from to a central controller? I looking for that and found the Cisco DNA Center. But what is the protoco...

apereira3 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   Is Cisco LR (as opposed to SR) fibre SFP's recommended for virtual stacking switches together?   Do I need to use single mode fibre or will multi work.   Cheers,   Jay

Jay233 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the best way to prevent any personal devices from accessing  wired network from access switches    Is configuring MAC-Based Access Control List by permitting only authorized mac addresses on cisco 3850 a good solution?   Or any other.     Ple...

We have connetced two 3850 in trunk with theree 2960 in ring network topology. And big question is. If is done on one switch configuration of NTP server. Can other switches take this adress from that one switch?   And what is the best configuration o...

kaktusss by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After configuring SPAN, Wireshark was able to read ICMP packets (ping traffic) on the destination port that was sent across the configured source port, using an older PC.  However, another newer PC was unable to read the traffic, despite identical co...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes