Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 4500E series switches with SUP-7s in redundant mode.  I am upgrading the Supervisors to SUP-9E.  Can I break redundancy with the current Supervisors, remove the non-active engine, install one of the new engines and configure it, copying the co...

Hi im new here and relatively new to networks i have a job coming up that requires a site to have 2 ip ranges for cctv cameras. my question is: will their be a conflict if you have 2 ip ranges running through one switch? i will have 2 servers each us...

Timo85 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all. I'm doing a lab of HSRP and the target is when I lose reachability to the ISP I want the second router to be active. My Topology :   I did a shutdown on fa0/0 on isp to lost reach-ability  to the ISP from R1 and check again R1 , seems to ...

John Levy by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a requirement where the customer is requesting a Core Switch with redundant switch fabrics. Does the Cisco Catalyst 9400 series switches support redundant switch fabric? If not? Which series of switches support redundant switch fabrics?

Resolved! SSH

Hi guys,   I have seen tutorials that include and omit out domain name in the configuration of the SSH in a router/switch.   What is the significance of including it? And does it have any impact if it's omitted? 

leowls by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   I need to understand the speed and duplex settings of the port. I am trying to hard code the speed and duplex settings of the interface which apparently seems a simple procedure. So far what i have learned is you can hard code the interface...

ShoaibM by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   Just a quick question:   I have a   WS-C3750G-12S on 12.2(44)SE2 (IPSERVICESK9)   I wish to purchase a referb as a backup. Can I upgrade the following device easily and for free to be the same version as above?    WS-C3750G-12S-E on ipservices-...

CMax by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes