Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! DHCP Host Problem

I have created a DHCP server with a router. I then created a switch that connections to the router. I have two hosts that connect to the switch. The first host obtained an IP address via DHCP. The second host will not obtain an IP address via DHCP se...

eschubauer by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have two cisco routers , one is 1941 and 1841 they're both connecte dto BB switch yesterday we disconnected LAN interface Gi0/1 on the active router (1941) and there was no failover . please advise why failover didn't happened here is my config: ...

Resolved! Syslog Filtering

Hello, I would like to filter the following messages and save on a syslog server. I think I can use the discriminator command. HSRP - status change OSPF - neighbor change BGP - Peer Change STP topology and root change Can you help me how to do this...

Hi, I have a problem with command : Switch(config-if)#switchport mode access Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan <Voice VLAN ID> Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan <VLAN ID> "Switchport voice vlan" is not recognized. My switch is the SG50...

Hello experts! We are a small office with ~100 employees and our current router are so old and we want to replace it by new one and reliable, like Cisco ;) What we need from new one? It: Dual WAN. So 3 Ethernet adapters should have at least. We have...

Hi, I'm pretty new to Cisco switches, so please bear with me while I ask fairly stupid questions. Firstly, I have a Cisco SG300-10 switch that I purchased so that I can create some VLANs at home.  The switch resides in my basement and is connected ...

aseem1234 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i wanna do load balancing between two ISP.is there any option when one of the ISP will go down then another isp will take place as a active role.i also wanna do load balancing and if one link will go down then it should be act as a active standby.

Is there a special consideration for spanning-tree in VSS setup? We recently upgraded a pair of 6500s (non-VSS) to 6807 (VSS). The setup is exactly the same and config is similar. But we ran into high CPU issue which turned out to be a layer 2 issue ...

S891 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, How easy is it to move end to end model of wireless terminating on a WLAN to tunnelled mode? I have a huge project and need to do this. There are in excess of 2000 Vlans also does any one have experience of moving WISM between chassis ? If...

cisco8887 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes