Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a pair of 9K switches and I needed to disable IGMP snooping on a number of VLANs. Before I removed the configuration I took a look at the 'show ip igmp snooping' output and for each VLAN it listed a set of active ports. After disabling IGMP sn...

Hello, I have a Nexus 7004, there are 2 VDCs (first VDC is admin and second VDC is my distribution switch). There is one port e4/25 on my second VDC which I'd like to capture its traffic. Nexus 7k has feature called Ethanalyzer but I'm not sure how ...

I was performing a remote IOS XE software upgrade on a 3850 stack and the process appears to be stuck.  It has been stuck like this for a few hours now and doesn't seem like it will complete or error out on its own:  SWITCH#software install file fla...

jmorgan04 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I am having 2 cisco WS-C4507R+E running in VSS mode. Both the switch is having 2 supervisor each. (Total 4 sup). How can I upgrade the switches without downtime, show moduleSwitch Number: 1 Role: Virtual Switch Active Chassis Type : WS-C45...

Hi, we have 50 remote sites all connected into an MPLS network. We have 2 central sites within this MPLS network which are directly connected via a 100mb line via 2 core switches. The only way for clients at any site to reach the internet is via cent...

louis0001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! LAN Crashes

Hi to everyone, I would like to share with you a problem that I'm facing nowadays in our showroom network. The architecture is really simple no segmentation and one VLAN: FTTH Alcatel Lucent router plays role of modem. Cisco 887VA router connected ...

I have a simple question I'm having difficulty finding an answer to. Can I use overlapping VLSM statements to break off only one (or a few) /30s in a different area? Something like: network 192.168.253.0 0.0.0.255 area 0 network 192.168.253.64 0.0....

I have been tasked to implement port security for specific vendors. We do not know what the MAC address is prior to them plugging in but we do know the vendor portion of the MAC. Is there any way to apply a wildcard filter for these vendor MACs in po...

zzbronski by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a basic 77k 5k infrastructure.  Two 7706/F3lc on the top running layer 3 with Fabricpath connections going "south" crisscross to a pair of layer two 5k's on the bottom, and classical Ethernet VPC's out the bottom of the 5k's. Data is flowing, ...

I have a switch  cisco catalyst 2960CG-8TC-L (mini switch), and I can't connect it with telnet because there is no login local on it, and I can't write on this switch this command. Does someone know the command of this switch for enable login local?