Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,After upgrading all 2960 switches and 3560 (inter-vlan routing) to latest software version I more problems than I was hopping to fix. It appears that after upgrading configuration was changed on the switches. I manged to clean up most of it. On...

I am experiencing some really odd behavior when I add another VLAN to the switch, and I am hoping someone can tell me if I am doing anything wrong or what may cause this problem. Here's the topology on how the router and switches connected and everyt...

iftam0001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We are trying to setup GLBP and my standby router is "unknown." Below is our config, any ideas? The virtual IP is indeed working, we are sending traffic to it now.  R1 Device: 2901IOS: c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M3.bin!R2 Device: 2911IOS: fla...

nfordhk by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have set up a new DMZ at a COLO but are unable to reach the internet from the DMZ servers. The COLO manages their own firewall and have opened up all the necessary ports for us. Our DMZ is on the 192.168.15.0/24 subnet. We also have servers on the...

rweir0001 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm new to implementing VLANs and wondering how VLAN functionality works between our ASA 5505 VLAN capability and switches with VLAN capability. Currently we do not have VLAN capable switches so wondering if VLAN capable switches are necessary/pre...

jsaxon747 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Vlan Backup

Hi All,I know how to backup vlan.dat files but my question is do i need to backup the vlan.dat or will a backup of the running config be enough to recover a switch and any vlans created Many Thanks

billybong by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We have a 3750 stack with the default route connected to the MPLS of the customer. We have to move a connexion to a partner from the MPLS to a new VPN. I just add a static route of the IP address of the partner to the firewall VPN. then the VP...

malloy184 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have read the REP white paper, but i have still no answer if the following topologies are supported: * Multiple REP segments inside a single ring, merged together with RapidSTP:     SW1 --- REP Seg 1 -- SW2 -- REP Seg 1 -- SW3 --- Rapid STP -...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes