Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I need to create a vPC between two Nexus 3048 and HP Procurve 3400. I've create the link aggregation HP-side and Nexus side like HP Procurve and Cisco switches Interoperability documentation, but seems that only one link work at all. The secon...

Hello, I have configured two switches with loopback interfaces (both on same subnet). The two switches are connected with a trunk. Why can I not ping between these two switches (loopback addresses). Are loopback interfaces on switches not supposed to...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllAre you aware of any compatibility issues with ASR 9001 and GLC-SX-MMD ? The compatibility matrix does show that this SFP is supported..The issue is - we have a multimode fiber which is getting terminated on the ASR 9001. The physical link come...

I'm trying to get my head around how to replace a supervisor module on a nexus 7000 with a single supervisor.  The setup has the default vdc and one other defined.  So if a sup  was faulty  what is the best way to handle this? I have the default...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HSRP not working

Hi Everyone,Router1(7200VXR) = IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-JK9S-M), Version 12.2(13)T5,  RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Router2(3800) running 15.1 IOS I have already 2 HSRP Group and working configurations, but when I added this 3rd HSRP Group, it's not tur...

I ran into an issue with the following commands wanting to apply port-security:switchport port-security maximum 2switchport port-security maximum 1 vlan accessswitchport port-security maximum 1 vlan voiceI want to have a setup where I allow 1 PC and ...

Hi Everyone,We have a Cisco 3825 Router and a NME-16ES-1G-P. We would like to use the switch to attach devices that have IPs in our public IP blocks that are on the router interfaces.I have configured the switch module with a basic configuration. Thi...

iPhrankey by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured a 2911 with one serial interface card and 2 hwic-4esw cards.  I configured 2 vlans on the router.  the serial card is in slot 0, and the 2 esw's are in slot 1 and 2.  the 4esw in slot 1 works fine.  I can communicate across both vla...

robpeay by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have Bluecoat proxies with Inline mode.I find from our inside network, the trace to google goes through a different path than to the proxies. The IE has configured with the URL of the proxies for HTTP traffic User---GW---R1-R2--Internet---GoogleUs...

Hi guys,A question that pertains to the 3750 : regarding unused interfaces or even shutdown interfaces is there any buffer allocated / reserved for such interfaces ?If I recall correctly, independently from the queue-set settings, each queue of an in...

Hi,Can we configured err-disable recovery interval per interface basis on cisco switch?May requirement is to configure err-disable recovery interval 15 min for few interfaces and 10 min for rest of the all interfaces of switch.I have configured port ...

sovan1984 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card