Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, are there any type of debug monitoring cli commands that should be used with caution and that could crash a switch (L3 switch)? Just out of interest. Thanks

Andy.S by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6509-E with dual 3000W power supplies.  Each is plugged in to a separate UPS, and they are the only things plugged in to those UPSes.Something very odd I notice is that one UPS shows a 30% load, while the other only 10%.  The 6509 is configu...

Hi all Cisco experts,recently I tried installing a WS-X4648-RJ45V+E 10/100/1000 PoE blade into slot 10 of our WS-C4510R-E chassis and it can back with an alert stating the blade is not supported in this slot.However the WS-X4248-RJ45V 10/100 PoE blad...

Hallo all, I see a very strange behavior on my two nexus switches. Both are Nexus 5548 with L3-daughter-cards. Both do l2 and l3-switching, ACL-filtering and other things. Furthermore I have a set of servers connected to both switches in a vPC-setup....

th.oswald by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We seem to have a strange issue that started yesterday.  We have n1000v connected to 2 x 5548's running 6.0(2)N1(2).We have 2 machines connected to vlan that is on N1000 port profile and n5548 with hsrp default gateway.The 2 machin...

Hi networkers!Requirements:- 2 locations (OFFICE, DC) in the same town- each having two active WAN connections (carrying individual routing domains): The default Any2Any WAN (where several other locations are connected to) and a client specific MC WA...

JOEPI1234 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Without realizing that the ROMMON version on the platform is older (15.0(1r)SG5) then the minimum required 15.0(1r) SG7 for VSS, I converted the switch running IOS 3.4.0 SG to VSS. It took the commands and reloaded and went straight into ROMMON mo...

rick505d3 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a customer that is stretching VLANs between DC's using dark fibre. Each DC will have a pair of Nexus 5548UPs.The question is can I run HSRP between the Nexus switches in the different DC's or can this only be between the paired Nexus switch...

Hello.I have a linksys SRW2008P 8 port gigabit switch, i need to get access to it to configure it but i dont know the admin password, i have tried the default admin with blank password but does not work. How do i reset this switch to factory defaults...

Hi,I am having a dilema when it comes to replace the 2 cisco 3750 switches in the datacenter. They have links to Nexus 5000, where the servers and storage are connected, act as main L3 devices, where MPLS traffic from branches also comes and where th...