Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,i have a cisco 1900 series router from the isp and we connect it the our router the rv042 small biz, and we have here a cisco catalyst 2950 switch with just default configuration connected to the hosts.my problem is from time to time that the conn...

Hi everyone!I have a Cisco 2801 with a 4 port Layer2 switch card installed (HWIC-4ESW).How do I bridge Ethernet0/1 to the 4ESW so if you were to plug a computer into the 4ESW, it would be on the same network as Eth0/1?  Please see my config below:int...

it by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We rely on static DAI with arp access lists to control the IP to MAC bindings on our public VLANs. This is our way of preventing a bad server admin or compromised server from "claiming" an IP that doesn't belong to it. On our IOS access switches, we ...

Hi, I am fairly new to Cisco so please forgive my lack of knowldege on what might be quite a simple problem. I have a Cisco 1721 router with an ADSL wic. I have followed guides on the Cisco website so that I can connect the router to my home adsl con...

Unforunately I have not been able to find any IOS version requirement for a brand-new 1000BASE-LX10 SFP (MGBLH1) in the internet.The IOS version in use on this stack is:Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE6, RELEA...

Hi,I have recetly  upgraded our core switches (6509E) to SUP 2T from 32. Each core has 2 SUP's (hot/standby). out of 4 SUP engines, one is defective. i had received the new SUP from cisco. Currently my core swicth 2 is running with single SUP. Can i ...

Hi,I've taken 2 4507's fresh out of the box running CAT4500E-ENTSERVICESK9-MZ.122-53.SG2.BIN which was upgraded from CAT4500E-IPBASEK9-MZ.122-53.SG2.BINI'm getting constant %C4K_S2W-4-WRITECALENDARERR:  Calendar write operation Failed errors on the c...

I used a router as a frame-relay , but the interface serial 0/0 protocol is always down , could any one please help me outhere is the config for itBuilding configuration...Current configuration : 1318 bytes!version 12.4service timestamps debug dateti...

Hi Everyone,Happy New Year!Say we have few Devices at Site A  running EIGRP.How can i tell which Router is EIGRP stub?By checking the configeigrp stub connected.Whoever device has above line we can confirm  it is stub router right?ThanksMAhesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently purchased a 48 port ws-c3750x to replace our older 3750 24 port. I loaded the config from the old to the new. Old is version 12.1....new is 12.2 For some reason the Vlans do not seem to be working on the new switch and I have no idea why....

I am trying to connect  my Cisco 2911 router to my community in CNA.  I can see the routers on the topology map, but when I try to add to community I get an error message stating that the router is unreachable (Unable to connect). ...

huffmanj by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi  ,im trying to understand the MLS operation .uptill now i understood that the MLS will work as a router if the port of the MLS configured as a router , and thwe MLS will work as switch if the port of the MLS configured as a switch .this is a confu...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all! Thank you for reviewing my question. I hope you can help me out. I needed to create a few VLANs off of a Cat 4506. I inherited this LAN and it is configured poorly. I cannot overhaul it at this time so I am stuck working in this scenario. You...

Hello,I was wondering what has the biggest hit on the CPU of a L3 3750x switch:ACLs on an SVIVACLsPrivate VLANsOr do they all affect the CPU the same way. I was hoping perhaps one of these was done in hardware.Thanks!

Pete89 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes