Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Nexus 5k managment

I have an area of my network that idealy would like to be connected to the core soley by two distribution nexus 5548s.  I have the peer keep alive configured on the default managment vrf. My question is how should I connect the managment interfaces o...

I just want to know that if extended IP access lists can do all tasks, I mean extended access lists have a lot of controlling parameters, then why people use Standard Access lists instead of Extended access lists.I just want to know that in which sce...

imran_mcse by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have about 100 vlans in my network, what would be the best way to block intra vlans routing but allow the internet, the only option that I can see is to deploy separate acls to every subinterface and deny and permit particular traffic, but that inv...

I have a primarily Cisco network (300+ switches at this time) with a dozen or so HP Procurve devices at the edge.  I use VTP to propagate vlans created on my 6509 core router throughout the network to the edge.  I have one HP Procurve switch set up w...

Hi,cisco 6509 is not able to sync with unix ntp and windows 2008 server. earlier we have configured to win 2003 server (which is a domain controller) and it worked fine. recently our windows team has introduced win 2008 in the AD environment and my c...

Hi all,I've just been reading up on STP root guard, and whilst I'm sure there are plenty, I'm struggling to see scenario's where you would use this over bpdu guard.If you are talking about access ports accessible outside of a secured wiring closet, t...

by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have some DHCP trouble since I subnetted my network with a 2921.My clinets are in 172.16.2.0/23 and DHCP servers are in 172.16.5.0/24.Sometimes, randomly I guess, I get NACK from my DHCP server, and if I look into DHCP logs I got something l...

Hi,Yesterday my router was hangs and my services was stuck. I start the router hard booted and it works fine.This was second time i was facing this kind of scenario. The attached are the "show tech support" of the cisco router 2821. do help me in thi...

Resolved! bad mask /24

Hi I need to enter the config below on one of our core switches - interface vlan 603description *** HOTEL_TRANS ***ip address 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0ip access-group ACL_HOTEL_TRANS instandby 602 ip 192.168.4.0standby 602 timers 1 4standby 602 prior...