Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I'm about to configure radius on a 2960 and 2955 switch as I have been testing this on a 1841 router and to my dismay I can't see the options to configure radius, do these L2 switches not supoprt radius?edit - apoligies I forgot the "aaa new-mo...

I am involved in a campus roll out using 3750X and Nexus 7009 core. Recently while troubleshooting a fibre uplink I have run accross an issue with default behaviors of these two switchs with regard to tagging the native vlan. After much searching I c...

Hi,If I have a network device sending a config to an scp server every time someone enters write mem and also once a day (1440) minutes, is the config being saved to the startup config when the network device sends a config to the SCP server once a da...

All,                 I wanted to verify that i could create a VACL to compensate for the session limitation of "2"  to create both an RSPAN and regular SPAN.  if someone could confirm that would be great.

Community,We are looking to get started with our first ASR, to support a pair of Webex Node spa modules.We believe our config for the service interfaces are correct,, but we are confused in regards to actually getting the services interfaces to commu...

HiI have a customer who is on thr 192.168.254.x subnet and is using a Cisco 881 as their gateway.They wish to create a second VLAN for the 192.168.253.x subnet.The Cisco has Dialer0 configured for an ADSL connection.I have partly configured the route...

The scenario is i have one layer3 3com connected to two High availability ASA. What is the best practice configuration for the uplinks of the 3com switches going to my ASA?Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

dsolangon by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It doesn't seem like I can set up trunking (dot1q) on this device. Isn't it supported on this device? Can I still set up VLANs with the router-on-a-stick concept working internal in the device, i.e no external interfaces/subinterfaces being configure...

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3100 blade in a Dell server chassis that is trunked to a 6509.When doing a protocol capture, I see large frames being sent from one of the servers in the chassis.Example:TCP:[Continuation to #1701] [Bad CheckSum]Flags=...AP......

Hello there,I have quick question. I'm tring to ping a work station (printer) in the same network but different vlan. I'm able to ping the DG and the switch where the printer is connected to but not able to ping the printer it self. I...

I would like to use radius authentication for network managers accessing (IOS based) switches.  This works, but I wonder wether is it possible to make a local user ALWAYS authenticate as a  fall-back mechanism, regardless of the state of the RADIUS...

Hello,I am trying to setup the management vrf on the 4948 10GE so that my TACACS requests will use that vrf for out-of-band purposes. The vrf is working properly because I can ping the TACACS server using the vrf but the logins do not work. I see thi...

taelon_x7 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Right now I have 2 default routes load balancing 100MB internet links.  This is on my 2 6509's.ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.47.2.1 (FWSM)ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.47.2.250 (5510)Is there anyway to make the first default route take more of the traffi...

I know this is going to sound rediculous but I need a second opinion.  I have a Cat6506.  There were 2 Sup 720 in it for redundancy.  They told me they had problems with this thing in the past needing to go out and reboot the machine.  I need to go o...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card