Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Switch have some week ciphers. From the below commands, we can know which cipher are available, but I am not sure which one is stronger. How can we know these ciphers? and second question is at the blow command, can we think the first one aes192-c...

Leftz by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a couple of N9K-C93108TC-EX switches seeing about half of the packets coming from a server being errors.  I can't find any detailed counters showing what the error is.  Where should I be looking? Thanks. switch# sh int e 1/8Ethernet1/8 is upad...

Stuff by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi AllSomeone knows why Cisco switchs doesn't flood cdp/vtp packets on entire broadcast domain ?In my understanding a switch should perform flooding of Multicast packets out all port but with cdp/vtp packet it doesn't happen.Logically it is correct b...

lnrdnl78d by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,About 18 months ago, we stopped using VTP and switched to assigning 'allowed VLAN' to individual interfaces.  Everything has been working well.  At that time, the contractor had me turn off VTP on the core switch (default gateway) and leave VTP...

Hi guys, We got this:We want to understand when the switch marks MAC  "flap"? Is there some sort of timer? It s normal for the MAC address to be learned on one port and then another, but I get it's when MAC moves very quickly back switch generates th...

flaps.PNG
Myky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The switches are connected by an optical patch cord. When transmitting data, errors increase on port 4912. Setting the speed and duplex on auto-negotiation or without auto-negotiation - the result is the same. The same cisco 2960S in conjunction with...

QIP Shot - Screen 008.png
ispukrsat by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes