Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We’re having more and more customers asking for iSCSI switches for their data centers, and the only requirements ever mentioned are “non-blocking/line rate.”  The 2960-S (for example) would work for this at Layer 2, but I've heard concern from variou...

I have been reading several posts in this forum to try to understand ACL  behaviour on a standby HSRP 6500, I would be glad to get this cleared.Here is the scenario...I have two 6509 running HSRP for all Vlans...I created VLAN 100 with standby ip add...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,The network I'm working with is using VLAN 1 for management and user traffic...to add to it, it is also using public IP address (128.x.x.x) as private, creating lots of issues. I'm trying to clean this mess up and so far I managed to move a lot...

forman102 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking to link up to 6513 chassis via 6704 10 gig cards.I have a 6513 on the 8th floor and one on the 3rd floor in same building. Distance would be approx 150' max.New 10 gig cabling was installed between these floors.I would like to use 2 10 gig in...

dclee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do I chose a router? Network has about 100+ devices across a campus with remote sites connected thru metro-e.Thinking of a 1921 to use as core router.Message was edited by: Carlos Adams Thanks guys for the input.

cxa061782 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm seeing the following error on a 4500 running 12.2(46)SGC4K_IOSMODPORTMAN-4-INLINEPOWEROVERWARNING: Module 5 inline power exceeds threshold: status changed to 'Pwr Over'All the ports on module 5 have "power inline never" applied, in fact the wh...

Hi there,Need to limit the amount of bandwidth a specific VLAN can use on a 802.1q trunk port.Situation is that we have a pair of Catalyst 4506 switches which have 802.1q trunk ports into a Checkpoint Firewall, this in turn is connected to a managed ...

re

waht is collission domain ,broadcast and broadcast domain?can any one clearly explain what it is?---Posted by WebUser Ramesh Shetty