Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

How do I chose a router? Network has about 100+ devices across a campus with remote sites connected thru metro-e.Thinking of a 1921 to use as core router.Message was edited by: Carlos Adams Thanks guys for the input.

cxa061782 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm seeing the following error on a 4500 running 12.2(46)SGC4K_IOSMODPORTMAN-4-INLINEPOWEROVERWARNING: Module 5 inline power exceeds threshold: status changed to 'Pwr Over'All the ports on module 5 have "power inline never" applied, in fact the wh...

Hi there,Need to limit the amount of bandwidth a specific VLAN can use on a 802.1q trunk port.Situation is that we have a pair of Catalyst 4506 switches which have 802.1q trunk ports into a Checkpoint Firewall, this in turn is connected to a managed ...

re

waht is collission domain ,broadcast and broadcast domain?can any one clearly explain what it is?---Posted by WebUser Ramesh Shetty

Hi all,Just wanted to get a little help here.  I am a bit green on routing and setting up routers.  I have never really had to do it in my career, but I find myself needing to re-educate myself.  With that, I have a Cisco 867VAE-K9 router.  I am conn...

i have a topology that contain one router and switch and the switch has two vlans , when i ping vlan 1 , i note that ttl = 254 , but i ping vlan 2 i note that the ttl of my ping is 62 ???? i want to know if it affect the ttl .thanks alot

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I have a setup as follows:LAN1 ----- Router1-------LAN2 ----- Router2-------Switch1-------Switch2-------InternetLAN3 ----- Router3-------In this topoligy the Cisco Catalyst 2960-s is Switch2, the last thing before the Internet for LAN1, LAN2 and L...

At a college we have Ciscos 2960 and are trying to setup VLAN tagging and also using RST or MST. The traffic on the jack should get tagged vlan 248.We were told by the college that Ciscos in the labs will not work with the Alcatel switch that provide...

Is there any issue , if OQD is high on particular interfaces, if so what need to be done ?INHY_MFVS#sh int summINHY_MFVS#sh int summary *: interface is up IHQ: pkts in input hold queue     IQD: pkts dropped from input queue OHQ: pkts in output hold q...