Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I need some clarifcation regarding the MTU concept.I know that IP MTU is 1500 bytes and that includes IP header+TCP header+payloadWhat about ethernet MTU? Is it equal to IP MTU that is to say 1500 bytes?Or it is 1514 bytes --> IP MTU +14 bytes Eht...

lap by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 4.5MB of bandwidth available for internet usage.  We want to connect another switch (Layer2) to our network, but want to limit the amount of bandwidth that the computers connected to that switch can have.  Is it possible to limit the amount o...

rhurtado1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two L3 3750 switches running HSRP and routing for various Vlans on our corporate network. Rapid PVST is running across our entire WAN.   We are introducing a third party solution for remote communications over MPLS.  When interconnecting this...

aking by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have configuration my network infrastructure with the asa5505 like on image. i want that my users from lan 10.13.10.0/24 can to access to my LAN 192.168.0.0/24. can i use just routing or i must to use site to site VPN. how can i do it? how configur...

Hello, we have some 2960 in my company and i'm looking to implement LLDP on them.But some are older than the other.Can you tell me from which IOS the lldp is available ? And by the way, where can i found this information ?Thanks a lotCheers

I upgraded my IOS to the current version from the cisco download site.  Now when i log into the switch with the GUI from IE I only get the express setup page.  I apply the settings and reboot the switch and it still comes back to express setup. How d...

dwilli337 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a number of 4507s. Most are managed via VLAN 1 address. All have multiple VLANS for traffic control. When I do a show ARP or show IP ARP the command only shows VLAN 1 info. No entries for any of the other VLANS on the switch. Any thoughts as ...

gmoran by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes