Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am configuring a 3550 in my lab to emulate routers by creating different vrf. I have a crossover cable connecting Fa0/3 and Fa0/13, they are in different vrf. the swtich ports are up. but I can't ping each other. Does anyone have idea if this is...

Got to know that Cisco's UPOE delivers 60w and can power ON samsung VDI clients over ethernet... Is it only Cisco's ILP or IEEE 802.3 af compatible ? We have a VDI client from WYSE and would like to know if we can power ON using UPOE.Also, does this ...

Hi,Is there a way of configuring a port to be untrusted with Catalyst 4507 Sup 6? I understand that the default behavior is to trust. Or is the only option to create a policy-map on each switch port and configure a default class-map which set DSCP va...

s.kho by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having ane issue with port-security, in that when a user moves his laptop from one desk to another, i have to clear off their mac-address from the old port before they can plug into the new port. With my port-security configuration this shouldnt...

siddiqirf by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I found some special logging in SW 2960......what is that mean ?-Traceback= 12ECA7C 12EF254 12EF5DC 1382180 137C680 137C628 13821F0 1383128 137C730 169E45C 137B4CC 145D0E8 145D864 FCD7EC FD04C0 12CB764Feb  7 11:30:00: %SUPERVISOR-4-UNEXPECTED:rfd_idx...

Hi, Core switch model WS-C6509-E was got rebooted and then came UP after more than 20 Minutes. Also attaching here show tech-support for this switch captured,suggests us your finding, Regards,Akil

I have a problem about Private  VLAN. I sreach it in google in three days, but one people use this as  difficult as my case. Hope someone can help.My core switch in Cisco 4503, and I have two access switch Cisco 2960. I have a router with support man...

Resolved! vtp mode

Hello All,Our network uses Client and server vtp. recently one of the solution designers from an IT intergrator suggested that we change all network switches including Core, distribution and access to transparent mode. what is the real necessity of d...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have an IronPort S160 which has been working fine as an explicit proxy for a while, but I want to start using WCCPv2 instead (via a Cisco 1801 router).I have followed so many guides and manuals but I jus can't get it to work. When all is act...

Group IT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IP-Helper Address

Hello,According to the documentation the IP Helper Address can either be a single IP address for a server or a network address.I am a bit unclear which "network address" it's refering to, for example in a 172.20.10.0/24 network would the "network add...

Hi,1) Spanning-TreeI would like  to know if the Spanning Tree forwarding state is applicable to the designated  and root port. I read at many places that Spanning-tree supported the following states and rolesSpanning-Tree States                    Po...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Following is the config output of CIsco 6509E chasis.> NOLACORE#sh int te1/6/16> TenGigabitEthernet1/6/16 is up, line protocol is up (connected)>   Hardware is C6k 10000Mb 802.3, address is f866.f220.5027 (bia f866.f220.5027)>   Description: BKUP:...

Hi Experts,There's a problem that's driving me crazy for the past 2 days.I cant seem to get OSPF to work on one router Site D(see network diagram).It doesn't form any adjacency with the neighbouring router.I have check the area and subnet mask to mak...

Hi everyone,I'm trying to change my office's router (a D-Link) for a Cisco 1841.The current router works for internet access but I need to do some new things which are too tricky to achieve on D-Link's user interface.The network diagram is attached.I...

Raul Armas by Level 1
  • 35 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes